I've been paid SSP alongside ESA. Have I done something wrong? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been paid SSP alongside ESA. Have I done something wrong?

Options
2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yvette48 said:
    Hi everyone, I've phoned esa this morning and they've suspended my payments which I knew they would. The lady on the phone said it is my managers responsibility to find out how much ssp I have left and fill the whole form out. 
    As I advisedyou in your other thread on the same subject
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/84386/how-can-i-find-out-when-my-ssp-stops#latest
    Your manager has told you the date. Completely absurd that they are making such a big issue about filling in the form which they are legally required to do. Incredibly frustrating for you. Do keep ESA supplied with up to date Fit Notes so they can reinstate once you have the SSP1.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Yvette48
    Yvette48 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options
    @calcotti Thankyou for your reply. Yes my manager told me my last ssp payment was in August so I applied for esa. Then I got paid esa on the 16/9, to then being paid ssp the following day. I've told him now to sort it out and also informed my union rep as well. Hopefully I will get some answers soon. And yes I've sent my sick note from today straight in to esa and my manager. 
  • calcotti
    Options
    What I would hope is that they will give you SSP1 confirming the end date of 20/08 and they will then have to decide whether or not to recover from you the amount they incorrectly paid you or whether they are willing to let you keep it as as ex gratis payment or additional occupational sick pay (neither of which would affect new style ESA).

Note that while off work sick you continue to accrue holiday entitlement so you may be owed holiday pay (again, this will not affect new style ESA)..
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Yvette48
    Options
    @calcotti Thankyou, I will just have to wait and see, they have emailed HR to find out what's going on
    And yes I have got some hours owing but I was paid some of my hours while I've been off. I'm just waiting on a form for my doctor to complete now so it can go to the panel to decide whether I can get ill health retirement. If I can't it will be capacity dismissal whichever one I only have about three weeks before I will have to leave. 
  • calcotti
    Options
    Yvette48 said:.. it can go to the panel to decide whether I can get ill health retirement. 
    Be aware that’s if you get a pension your ESA will be reduced by 50% of anything over £85/week so you must keep ESA informed.
  • Yvette48
    Options
    @calcotti yes I will straight away. Thankyou so much for your help, you have been amazing. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.