I've waited nearly 18 months for WCA decision. Will I still have to wait 3 months? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've waited nearly 18 months for WCA decision. Will I still have to wait 3 months?

peterrabbit32
peterrabbit32 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've just been looking at some questions relating to capability of work assessment as I've filled out a form that had to be in by the 1st April 2020 during the lockdown I had a telephone assessment on the 15th December 2020 received a letter 3wks later saying they might need more information then in July 2021 received another letter saying I had to have  an assessment due to the last one being rescheduled which it wasn't I had the second assessment on the 25th august 2021 it is the 28th of September now 5wks since my last assessment will I have to still wait 3months even though it's been nearly 18 months
Thank you 

Comments

• hanwolves21
    hanwolves21 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I won't try contacting them and see what's going on... Good luck ?
  • hanwolves21
    hanwolves21 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Would try sorry
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I think the reason you needed a 2nd assessment was because they didn't get enough of information from the 1st one. Was the 2nd one a face to face assessment? There are some people that this happened to and they also had to wait quite sometime for the face to face assessment.
    Providing you're not already in the LCW group? if the decision is LCWRA there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and money starts from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you reported your health condition. You must have continued to send in fit notes without any gaps. UNless you're claiming UC with a partner that already has LCWRA in your UC entitlement because you can only be paid 1 LCWRA element.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • peterrabbit32
    No my second was also by telephone
  • peterrabbit32
    Also still no face to face at my Doctor's so that would be telephone too which is pointless in my opinion
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Alot of GP surgeries are the same, mine included.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.