I’m looking for other autistic people to support & connect with and maybe make some new friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’m looking for other autistic people to support & connect with and maybe make some new friends

Elysium
Elysium Scope Member Posts: 98 Pioneering
edited September 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi, I’m looking for other autistic people to support & connect with and maybe make some new friends :)
They/them, Autistic, Vegan, Pan/Demi, Teacher, Antiracist, Artist
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Elysium :) It's been good to see you around on some discussions already! This is the discussion I made for you. 

I hope that you can find some other people to connect with. It's really great to hear that you're interested in supporting other people as well, as that's a big part of what we try and do here on the community.

Do you have any particular interests or hobbies? Telling us a bit more about yourself might help you to connect with other members you have things in common with.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Hi @Elysium

I also have autism! And I know many of our community members have autism too. How are you?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • emilyanne
    emilyanne Community member Posts: 68 Courageous
    I’ll help anyone or support anyone who needs it 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    That's really kind of you @emilyanne

Thank you  <3

How are you currently feeling?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • emilyanne
    Fine thank you I’m dealing with my disability really well 
  • L_Volunteer
    Good, I'm really glad to hear you are okay @emilyanne :)

Would you like to share any tips for our community members who may have the same disability?  <3

• emilyanne
    Sure course I would having autism isn’t very nice to have because I’ve got it and now I’m suffering with anxiety which makes me death want to go out or do anything but I’m now on tablets to help my anxiety which is helping loads 
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @emilyanne

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I am really glad to hear you have found what works for you and that you have less anxiety now  :)

• emilyanne
    It great not having bad anxiety and stress if anyone wants help feel free to ask me 
  • L_Volunteer
    I bet! And thanks @emilyanne

You are a really supportive member of our community  :)

• emilyanne
    Welcome any time I just like helping people 
  • L_Volunteer
    I gathered! You are doing a really great job. Thank you so much @emilyanne :)

• emilyanne
    Welcome I’m a supporter for anyone at any time 
  • L_Volunteer
    Our cheerleader then @emilyanne :)

Though please do remember we are here for you too! <3

• emilyanne
    Thank  you I’ll be a good cheerleader 
  • L_Volunteer
    I know you will be @emilyanne :)

• Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    I'm a bit late to the party, but, helllo!
  • L_Volunteer
    Hello @Rechnin

How are you?  :)

• Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    @L_Volunteer Too be honest, lousy, you?
  • L_Volunteer
    Hey @Rechnin

Thanks for your response. It is great to hear from you.

I am sorry to hear you are feeling lousy. Would you like to talk to us about what is making you feel lousy?

I am well thank you. Though I am sleepy as I am still adjusting to coming back from the holidays  :)

Brightness