Help understanding limited capability for work and work related activities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help understanding limited capability for work and work related activities

Hi everyone I’m new here and just looking for some advice. I was working up until April this year (2021) and was then unable to to a health condition. I then provided a fit note to my universal credit journal on the 31st of may 2021. My work coach advised I complete a work capability assessment, on the 28thnif august I had a letter stating they had decided I had limited capability for work and work related activity after having my phone assessment. It says I could be entitled to extra money and it would be awarded 3 months after I gave evidence. So when would I be looking to receive a payment? Does anyone know how much the monthly payment is and is this three months after I first provided a fit note or three months after I heard back with their decision? Sorry for the long post ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    The 3 full month waiting period starts when you first reported your health condition, you then have 7 days to report your fit not. It's then paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    Without knowing the exact dates of your assessment periods (or when you receive your usual payments) then its not possible to say exactly when you'll be paid from. Potentially either August or September that you will start to receive the LCWRA element.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Hi @poppy123456 thank you for your reply. My usual pay date is the 5th of every month so I didn’t receive it this month. Maybe october? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Payment date 5th of the month therefore AP is roughly 29th to 28th of the month.
    You reported health condition on 31st May.
    The three months waiting are therefore June -July, July - Aug and Aug - Sept.
    The LCWRA element is payable for Sept - Oct paid on 5th November.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2021
    Thanks @calcotti my payment date is the 8th lol not sure why I wrote the 5th! Says that is based on money I received between the 2nd-1st is that the ap? So I should receive a payment in my November pay then? Do you know if they get in touch with you before hand? Sorry it’s all very new to me 
  • calcotti
    Payment date 8th of the month, AP is 2nd to 1st of the month.
    You reported health condition on 31st May.
    The three months waiting are still June -July, July - Aug and Aug - Sept.
    The LCWRA element is payable for Sept - Oct paid on 8th November.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    Just an update that I received my first payment in this months pay (October) and not November ?
  • calcotti
    edited October 2021
    Just an update that I received my first payment in this months pay (October) and not November ?
    Looking back I can see there was a typing error in my original reply. I said the payment was due for “Sept - October paid in November” whereas given your AP dates Sept - October is, of course, paid in October. Apologies for the error.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.