Hi, my name is lauren Can I work and claim LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lauren Can I work and claim LCWRA?

lva
lva Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I’m really in need of some help please. I am W single parent and claim universal credits. Last year I had major open heart surgery and then a stroke 4 weeks after which has left me with a disability (left side weakness) I was on long rearm sick for over a year and got put on lcwra. I currently work 7.5 hours over two days as I struggle and work want to help me. Can I work and claim this lcwra. I looked and on my claim it says 293 before deduction. Thank you 
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Yes. 
    There are no limits on how much work you can do. However be aware that if the type or amount of work you do contradicts the reason you have been found to have LCWRA this may prompt a reassessment of your Work Capability status. (You will be reassessed at some point anyway.)
    You are correct that the first £293 of what you earn is ignored (assuming you get help with rent). There will be a UC reduction of 63% of any earnings above £293.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • lva
    Thank you so much universal credits can see I get a wage I just have anxiety that I’m going to have to pay it bk as I’ve gone bk this year. I did ring up tho 
  • calcotti
    lva said:
    Thank you so much universal credits can see I get a wage I just have anxiety that I’m going to have to pay it bk as I’ve gone bk this year. I did ring up tho 
    UC is calculated monthly. Unless there is a mistake you will not have to pay back anything you have already received, changes would only affect future amounts..
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lva and welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us. I hope the above responses have been helpful and put your mind at ease a bit.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • lva
    Calcotti thank you it was was just the returning to work and still claiming lcwra I didn’t put it on change of circumstances just in my journal about me being on furlough and my couch could see how much I had been paid. I had rang up to ask as I was worried I was featuring the system lol she said not to worry but I’m thinking has she gave the right advice and do they make notes 
  • calcotti
    lva said:
    Calcotti thank you it was was just the returning to work and still claiming lcwra
    As advised - there isn't an issue with that unless the type and/or amount of work contradicts the reasons you are treated as having LCWRA.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.