I have tregiminal neuralgia. What are my rights of employment? Could I claim PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have tregiminal neuralgia. What are my rights of employment? Could I claim PIP?

myfairlady67
myfairlady67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Long story short I am a carer for son who is HF autistic and epilepsy,  but I work pt and have on off suffering from  tregiminal neuralgia since 2015 . confirmed last month by my Neurologist that I have it .  I also been off work because the pain has been so  bad . Question is what  are my rights of employment . ( I have been at my work for quite a few years ) and   maybe claim PIP ? I want to cut my working  hours down  . I have so much going on  in my life at the moment probably stress has aggeviated my condition.  Any information would be much appreciated 

Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP entitlement is assessed on how your health affects your ability to carry out specified activities.
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system
    Note the section on being able on things reliably.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @myfairlady67 :) 

Just to let you know, I removed your duplicate posts and moved this one into our PIP category for now.

Have you spoken to your current employer about reducing your hours at all? 

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, but rather how your condition affects your mobility and daily living in line with the PIP descriptors (pipinfo.net). Perhaps you could have a look through the PIP descriptors and see whether they relate to the problems you face?

Does your son claim any benefits? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

What are you referring to when you say employment rights? 

You can request reduced hours as a reasonable adjustments under the equality act..

You may also want to be referred to oh who can do a work place assessment and make recommendations on reasonable adjustments 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.