Hi, my name is davefromleeds! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is davefromleeds!

davefromleeds
davefromleeds Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi i have been living with Me/cfs for about 15 years and most of my family think i am just being lazy because i am not well enough to leave the house and it is my dads funeral on friday 8th oct 21 and i am not well enough to go so i am trying to get somone to put the funeral on speaker phone so i can at least listen at home

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davefromleeds - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining, altho this must be an incredibly sad time for you. I wonder if the funeral directors can help? When our elderly tenant died last November, as her son lived in Australia, they videoed the entire service for him. Funeral directors must have realised that some people have been unable to attend funerals often during the pandemic, so may be able to help you too. Perhaps worth a try, if your family aren't forthcoming. I hope you get something sorted, & take care of yourself too at this difficult time.
  • davefromleeds
    davefromleeds Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the comments and my family have spoken to the funeral director about live streaming the service but it would cost £200 so my brother or sister will record it and I am just waiting to see who will put there phone on speaker phone so I can listen to the service live 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry I was unhelpful. Hmmm, get your brother or sister to commit to putting their phone on speaker phone for you; sounds like one of them will do, but make sure, so you can listen to the service.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davefromleeds sorry for hour loss and glad that you have sorted something out, so that you can still be part of the funeral.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @davefromleeds, sorry for your loss.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davefromleeds I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through and I’m sorry for your loss. This is a good community who will support you.

Brightness