Hi, my name is sang! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sang!

sang
sang Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a brother to a disability person in the Gambia and he is fighting his right for my parents to send him to school but my parents are very poor to support him. He complained each day and sometimes refused to each so I don't know what to do till I'm introduced to this platform. Sorry is it possible to get support from anyone to him attain his education right?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sang and welcome to the community, sorry to hear of the difficulty your brother is facing. 

I am unsure what the conditions are in that country, and this is primarily a UK based platform so I am not sure what we would be able to do exactly. 

Are there any charities or other organisations in the Gambia that support disabled people? Could you contact one of those?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi @sang

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Unfortunately, as @Ross_Scope said, we only primarily operate in the UK. However, there will be support available. From my limited knowledge about global education, UNICEF has some great resources about education in Gambia. If you are interested, you could find them at https://www.unicef.org/gambia/education. Depending on your brother's disability, there may also be charities and NGO's related specifically to his disability. You would be able to find these by Googling something such as "X Gambia". I hope this helps  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness