Hi, my name is amberinni! help for people with epilepsy claiming pip for continual supervision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is amberinni! help for people with epilepsy claiming pip for continual supervision

amberinni
amberinni Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
help for people with epilepsy claiming pip for continual supervision

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @amberinni

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, how are you today? 

Is there anything in particular that you want to know about PIP? At what stage of the claim process are you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • amberinni
    amberinni Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes my son is about to lose his standard care and enhanced mobility award after reassessment,the report has several errors and some downright lies, He was been diagnosed with tonic clinic epilepsy in 2007. Is medicated but this does not stop the seizures,but has reduced them to around 3 a month, he also has Absence seizures on a dailey basis, around 12.. and I was just looking for some help with requesting a Mr. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    When you do the MR don't talk about lies, they are usually just HCP opinions you don't agree with, instead concentrate on the areas where he didn't score points and you think he should have and why, giving real life examples of what happens when he attempts the descriptor.
    Out of  interest how many points did he score and was this the DM decision or just from the copy of the report, which of course isn't the final decision.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    A GP wrote on one of my early sick notes when I started having seizures was "the risk and reality of seizures" which I thought summed it up quite well, and it's a phrase I've used on successful claims for IB,DLA,ESA AND PIP.
    As I live with the constant threat and the reality of seizures several times a day either petit mal or grand mal.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• HJP290
    HJP290 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    edited October 2021
    @amberinni

my boyfriend suffers with these type absent tonic clonic  + cluster sezuires and postical physcosis causes memory problems agression delussions cause by how many sezuire he has . More under control new thanks to his new epilepsy nurse she is a ?  and gave us a new emergency tablet 6 months ago to stop the sezuires once they start . Im not sure if im aloud pit the medictation on here sorry but if been fab gone from have 30+ sezuires when starts off which we never new when to have 3/4 a week 

His problems are well documented with police snd hospital . Consultants etc 

but still got found fit to work in his UC assement the MR is now in . And got this epilepsy nurse to send me letter to back up the MR anyways this is about pip . 

he only had epilepsy for just over a year n half  had a brain injury so only had one assement with them but i had bad accident coming up to 3 years ago so no what the assements are like .  no luck between pair of us  ??‍♀️ 

he claims pip at standard care only becuase he to scared to put in for higher one and lose it and have go threw appeals etc and he cant be dealing with it .   Just get as much documentation together as possible and letters of consulations with facts like this in back you up as much as possibile 

this is what she stated 

Can not cook hot foods ended up with 3rd degree burns on his leg and torso just warming up spaggetti and meatballs in microwave n had a fit . 

need supervison while eating nearly choked few times after having sezuire while food was in mouth 

while bathing  . Incase has sezuires in bath risk of drowning.

not to be left on own sleeping

was advise to get under bed alarm system from council for when he was alone  risk of suffication injury fall

doesnt have any warnings or certain times days etc random and extremly dangerous 

how affects his short term memory . 
    So doesnt remember appointments medication .

not to leave the house alone or walk anywere alone .
     ( had issues were he dropped in street infront of on coming traffic ) 

about the physcosis deluison manic danger to self others . 

This is just example of what she wrote that fitted in with few off  pip criteria . So examples of what he cant do and real like examples of why he cant . Pretty much just means constant supervion but not just saying that . Hope helps abit :) if do need to put MR in x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.