I keep getting told different things about whether I can work minimal hours on LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I keep getting told different things about whether I can work minimal hours on LCWRA

Options
lva
lva Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello I have never cried so much in all my life I’ve not slept a wink. Universal credits I keep getting told different each time I ring to ask about can I do minimal hours on clear?  even tho my health is no better. I do 7.5 hours over 2 days and had occupational health name changes to help me at work. 
Tagged:

Comments

• lva
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    You were given advice about this just a few days ago. The thread is here, please have another read and it gives you all the correct advice that you need. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/84644/hi-my-name-is-lauren-can-i-work-and-claim-lcwra#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lva
    Options
    I know sorry I just keep getting told different things by universal credit I’m worried I will have to pay most of the lcwra back if they say I can’t. Thank you tho for responding 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are not really the best people to ask for advice to be honest. There's no set amount of hours that you can or can't work as advised in the other thread. You just need to be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming LCWRA then it could go against you when you're next reviewed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lva
    Options
    @poppy123456
    I know they were useless could tell they couldn’t be bothered to help. Only one really understood me and said I was fine. The one today said I’m messaging your work couch you shouldn’t be at work at all on the higher rate. Really worried me was an awful phone call. Thank you poppy 
  • KatB79
    KatB79 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Hi

I'm on LCWRA and work 3hrs a week from home. My best friend is on LCWRA and works 8hrs a week. 
    I'd listen to the advice on the other thread over what you've been told.

Put a journal note in for your 'case manager' specifically as the people who usually write in the journal are just in the jobcentre so don't often get things right I've found

Brightness