Any advice for LCWRA phone assessment? Would I need to have a separate assessment for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any advice for LCWRA phone assessment? Would I need to have a separate assessment for PIP?

Options
Wookie66
Wookie66 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,  everyone  :).
So, finally in the post today I had my appointment letter,telling me that my phone assessment for LCWRA  will be next Tuesday.
So any advice from anyone who has had a phone assessment, like what expect etc, would much appreciated,
DWP also said i should apply for pip as well, which i know requires a medical assessment also. My question being this,
is it the same medical services that deal with medical ,for both LCWRA & PIP, and if so would i need to have a second medical for PIP, or can they use the results from the LCWRA medical.
Thanks everyone.
Hope you all have a great day.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    LCWRA and PIP are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria and are both completed by different assessment providers. Claiming one doesn't automatically entitle you to the other. The work capability assessment (WCA) for LCWRA is to assess your ability to do any type of work. PIP is not about your ability to work, people claim PIP and work. Neither or them are medical assessments.
    For your WCA they will want to know a typical day for you and how your conditions affect you. There's information here. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/
    Regarding the PIP. Have you had a look at the descriptors? I'm not sure how someone from "DWP" can give anyone this advice because they don't know how your conditions affect you. It's not awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. See link. https://pipinfo.net/ I'd advise having a look at the descriptors and to get some expert advice before applying because not everyone with a disability qualifies for PIP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.