Hi I am AngelaKay New here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I am AngelaKay New here

Options
AngelaKay
AngelaKay Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned this support network.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AngelaKay

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. It made me smile that someone told you about us! I hope you find us welcoming and supportive. How are you? Would you like to tell us more about your motivations for joining the Scope community and your interests? It would be great to get to know you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @AngelaKay

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us and great to hear that somebody told you about the community. Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Alex1970

Thanks for welcoming @AngelaKay and for such positive feedback. It always makes me happy to see. I am glad you feel supported. How are you today?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @Alex1970

Oh no, they got the weather wrong again! Hope you have warm clothing and heating :) I am wishing you all the best of luck with the interview feedback. It sounds like it would be more accessible for you which would be great! Please feel free to let us know how you get on. I am well thank you  :D

• AngelaKay
    AngelaKay Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Without work and support network is a disadvantage. With gammy knees, temperamental back, arthritic hands etc, means my job market opportunities are very limited. Instead of hiding these drawbacks, I have decided to use them in job applications and been advised how to add them into my job interviews ( if I had enough to speak of). If you have it, flaunt it ! Not all persons can pack shop shelves and lug heavy things around or sit behind a checkout all day with hands that freeze. 
    I started my life in UK, left and grew up elsewhere and relocated back here couple years back. Illegible for study funding for another year. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @AngelaKay

I hope you are well. I thought your post was really well said. I hope the year goes quickly for you if studying is something you would like to do. Also, good luck with the job hunt  :)

Brightness