Hi I am AngelaKay New here — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi I am AngelaKay New here

AngelaKay
AngelaKay Member Posts: 2 Listener
I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned this support network.

Comments

• Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi @AngelaKay I hope you enjoy being part of the Community. If you have any questions please  ask.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 334 Pioneering
    Hi @AngelaKay

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. It made me smile that someone told you about us! I hope you find us welcoming and supportive. How are you? Would you like to tell us more about your motivations for joining the Scope community and your interests? It would be great to get to know you  :)
    I have expertise in the following subjects, gained through professional settings such as high level education or employment: autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, down's syndrome, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, assistive technology and education. Pronouns: She/her.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,989

Scope community team

Hello @AngelaKay

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us and great to hear that somebody told you about the community. Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • Alex1970
    Alex1970 Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hello @AngelaKay, I'm new too but have found plenty of friendly advice when I asked for it. Very friendly lot here.
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @Alex1970

Thanks for welcoming @AngelaKay and for such positive feedback. It always makes me happy to see. I am glad you feel supported. How are you today?  :)
    I have expertise in the following subjects, gained through professional settings such as high level education or employment: autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, down's syndrome, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, assistive technology and education. Pronouns: She/her.
  • Alex1970
    Alex1970 Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hello @L_Volunteer & @AngelaKay - Feeling very chilly today! They said it would be 20 degrees but I think not! I had an interview today which went well - it would be a work from home role which is so much better for me as I can do some stretches and physio stuff throughout the day to keep me mobile so fingers crossed. How are you all doing today? 
  • Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi @Alex1970 Good luck and fingers crossed.
  • L_Volunteer
    edited October 7
    Hello @Alex1970

Oh no, they got the weather wrong again! Hope you have warm clothing and heating :) I am wishing you all the best of luck with the interview feedback. It sounds like it would be more accessible for you which would be great! Please feel free to let us know how you get on. I am well thank you  :D
  • AngelaKay
    AngelaKay Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Without work and support network is a disadvantage. With gammy knees, temperamental back, arthritic hands etc, means my job market opportunities are very limited. Instead of hiding these drawbacks, I have decided to use them in job applications and been advised how to add them into my job interviews ( if I had enough to speak of). If you have it, flaunt it ! Not all persons can pack shop shelves and lug heavy things around or sit behind a checkout all day with hands that freeze. 
    I started my life in UK, left and grew up elsewhere and relocated back here couple years back. Illegible for study funding for another year. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @AngelaKay

I hope you are well. I thought your post was really well said. I hope the year goes quickly for you if studying is something you would like to do. Also, good luck with the job hunt  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.