New 888 Service — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New 888 Service

Options

Comments

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    Its a good idea, but doesn't really address the issue.  Why should womens movements be tracked because of the actions of others?  Also, tracking the journey home and alerting when someone is late, just smacks of evidence gathering and we use cctv for that.

There's also the issue of using your phone when out and about, doesn't that just encourage muggers?

Nice idea, but I think that they need to go back to the drawing board.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If Priti Patel thinks its a good idea then I have my doubts, there was a notice on facebook last week from our county fire service saying that their  was always someone on the premises 24/7 and if someone felt frightened or they were lost then they should knock on the door.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• nannymaroon
    nannymaroon Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    So women have to call a special number if we feel unsafe outdoors? We have to have our movements tracked because offenders can't control themselves? What about the danger of using your phone in the street? Also, the abusers are often in the victims own homes. There was a time when we could call 999 when in danger...
    It's easier to be nice🙂
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited October 2021
    Options
    *have* doesn’t come into it, it’s your choice if you use any service that happens to be set up. 

However, it’s not just for woman, it’s for anyone. 

Brightness