Grants and Help Available To Keep People and Homes Warm - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Grants and Help Available To Keep People and Homes Warm

Options
2»

Comments

• happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    We have applied for a new scheme under the council. They have to come out and assess the rating of your property. When he came out as we have not received the result of the rating yet, he said you need to have all the radiators changed as they were very old and not producing the required heat. he said we need a new system. that is not part of the council led scheme, and this is not something we could afford at the moment. not sure if anyone has replaced their radiators and know how much it would cost, or if there is any help available
    Rads aren't that expensive we replaced one last year cost £30 IIRC, if your boiler is over 7 years old it might be worth looking into the ECO scheme which is run by the utility companies.

https://eco3.org.uk
    Tried going on the website but it does not work. there is an error when you try and submit the enquiry

our boiler is only five years old but our radiators are over 20 years old. we have been told we should have eight of them changed, but with the cost of changing them and then the cost of having someone fit them, that is out of our budget at the moment
  • happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    in winter our house gets very cold. we have the heating on from when we get up to when we go to bed. the guy who came out to assess our house said it is down to the old radiators amongst other things
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What can go wrong with old radiators?  They're just a vessel for the water, as long as they aren't blocked up I don't see what problem they can cause?  
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    @woodbine yeah, they said they only offer it to the core group which is pension credit recipients.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    TheAlien said:
    @woodbine yeah, they said they only offer it to the core group which is pension credit recipients.
    then they may have been wrong ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    TheAlien said:
    Its listed on the link you posted as core group only.  They know I'm disabled as I'm on the priority list for reconnection in the event of a power loss, but they won't offer me the WHD.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    TheAlien said:

There are some energy suppliers that only offer the WHD to those in the core group only. I must admit, i didn't know this until i looked. I've never really taken any notice because i know my supplier offers it to those in the low income group as well.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness