Break up is messing with my MH — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Break up is messing with my MH

Katgreywitch
Katgreywitch Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
Me and my now ex partner were together for 9 and half yrs till july 15th this yr.. I made an attempt on my life the day before he broke up with me...his behavour since is domestic emotional abuse...something I dnt see due to childhood abuse...i have since then made 6 attempts and self harmed regularly...I'm am now high risk and waiting for IDT (mental health team) to get back to me to see what they can offer me...I'm so in my own head and feeling so low that I have nothing left to lose anymore...so what's the point anymore...i cant deal with past and present at same time together...its all to much for me...I'm done fighting any more...

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Katgreywitch welcome to scope and i'm sorry to hear things aren't good for you I can only echo @Teddybear12 suggestion re:the samaritans. Hopefully in the not too distant future you will get the help you need.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @Katgreywitch,
    You've touched on quite a few things here and usually as part of our safeguarding policy, we would follow up on this both on the community and via email. Can I check with you if it's safe for me to email you?

It sounds like you're struggling a huge amount with your mental health at the moment and I appreciate you reaching out and posting on the online community. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

You mention you're waiting on IDT to make contact with you, but if you would like Scope to try and find you some local support, we'd be happy to make a social care referral on your behalf. All we'd need at this stage is your full name, date of birth, and address. Please let us know if this is something you'd like us to do.
      
    Of course, if you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.  

We’ve given you this information because we’re following Scope’s safeguarding policy.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Katgreywitch

Other than the wonderful advice already provided by @Teddybear12, @woodbine and @Adrian_Scope, I want to add that the other reason we have provided you with advice is that we care about you as a person. I hope you receive the support you need soon and are able to enter a happier, warmer and safer place. One of my favourite quotes which I think you might enjoy is "the sunshine is always there, it is just hidden behind the clouds sometimes". Keep pushing forwards even if it is just one foot in front of the other. This can be one minute, hour or day at a time - however much you can manage  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Taliesen
    Taliesen Community member Posts: 49 Connected
    edited October 2021
    I'm a childhood abuse Survivor ( sexual emotional mental and physical) so recently my partner broke up with me me literally the day after I made an attempt and has become a domestic emotional abuser he is being very difficult and is very in my head I have have  CPTSD I have EUBPD i also have nead and i have anxiety I am also so a self Harmer with Suicidal Tendencies since the Break-Up I have made 5 attempts on my life and have cut myself several times I'm done battling my mental health I'm having to go to housing association to help me move out I am now waiting for the IDT to get back to me for assessment for me to have help I'm afraid it may be too late I am struggling really badly I don't want to live anymore and it is getting to a point where I'm going to make another another attempt at some point somewhere down the line I'm worried it might be sooner rather than later I cant keep doing this any more.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Taliesen

Thanks for posting and speaking so honestly about how you feel. I see that you have another community account on which you posted this discussion earlier. Did you see the reply that Adrian posted on that thread? Have you had chance to check the email we sent you from community@scope.org.uk?

We'd love to help  you as best as we can, so I will send that email again to the email address associated with the account you are posting from now, and you can find Adrian's response on the community below. Please note, you should contact 999 if you ever feel as though you might harm yourself, and you can contact Samaritans any time to talk on 116 123.

It sounds like you're struggling a huge amount with your mental health at the moment and I appreciate you reaching out and posting on the online community. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

You mention you're waiting on IDT to make contact with you, but if you would like Scope to try and find you some local support, we'd be happy to make a social care referral on your behalf. All we'd need at this stage is your full name, date of birth, and address. Please let us know if this is something you'd like us to do.
      
    Of course, if you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.  

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Taliesen
    Taliesen Community member Posts: 49 Connected
    I'm happy for you to email me @Adrian_Scope.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for letting us know that you are happy to receive an email from the community team @Taliesen :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness