Pip report back today. They've lied about everything. Does the DM go with the report? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report back today. They've lied about everything. Does the DM go with the report?

2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    They don't need to be a qualified doctor as they are not doing medical assessments 

They are assessing your functionality to complete task's 

It is up to the claimant to provide medical evidence to support the claim if it is relevant 
    The decision maker also is not medical professional that isn't what pip is about 
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Ok thanks for the input ??
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    @OverlyAnxious forgive because i know what i want to say half the time but i can't always trype it and it ends up all over the place yes thats my point ?? regardless of a assessment or a medical i don't believe it should be a paramedic to do this work. Ad such. I feel it should be someone with a understanding so they play god as such if they feel like putting down correct info i don't no but that seen unfair. So many people have gone though stress etc by paramedics not, having full understanding of someones illness. Sorry i don't want to upset anyone. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,935 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious forgive because i know what i want to say half the time but i can't always trype it and it ends up all over the place yes thats my point ?? regardless of a assessment or a medical i don't believe it should be a paramedic to do this work. Ad such. I feel it should be someone with a understanding so they play god as such if they feel like putting down correct info i don't no but that seen unfair. So many people have gone though stress etc by paramedics not, having full understanding of someones illness. Sorry i don't want to upset anyone. 

It's the claimants responsibility to fully explain how exactly their conditions affect them so no knowledge is needed. You can have 2 people with the same condition that will be affected differenly. Therefore i see little point in having any knowledge of any conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.