Hi, my name is Dutchie5! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dutchie5!

Options
Dutchie5
Dutchie5 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello everyone, just like to say hi.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dutchie5

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, how are you today?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @Dutchie5 :) It's great to have you with us.

Would you like to start off by telling us a little bit about yourself, or why you've joined the community? 

Please feel free to take a look around the community, and get involved at your own pace. Two good places to start are our list of recent discussions, and the categories page. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need anything!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dutchie5 - welcome to this friendly community from me also, & thank you for joining. You might also like to try our 'Coffee lounge' for some light hearted discussions, & have a go with the word games there. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dutchie5

I just want to give you a warm welcome from me too. Welcome to Scope's forum. How are you today? Would you like to tell us more about your motivations for joining the Scope forum and your interests? It would be great to get to know you and signpost you to areas of the forum which you may find particularly interesting and useful  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Dutchie5
    Dutchie5 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi all.
    I joined scope because I can relay to a lot of forums.  I have mental health issues,  I'm disabled, have neurological problems and a ray of different other problems. Unfortunately my son is living with me due to his break up with his girlfriend. He had nowhere to go, and he can't go private.  The council won't help him. I also have a granddaughter who stays every other weekend.  In 2017 I went with a friend to an open day for this company she worked for., and I'm now a qualified peer support worker.
    There was a lot of training involved. Due to me being in a wheelchair I thought they would never give me a job, but they have been fantastic. My job is working with people with mental health issues  in hospital. I'm  only a bank worker, so they call me when they need me what is fine. I have 3 cats who are my babies,  they keep me sane. I go to the gym as much as I can. I love swimming, reading, watching TV, and playing some games on my tablet. Sometimes I feel a bit lonely as my son works all day, and I don't have a lot of friends. I don't have family who live close by ( live abroad )
    So that's about it really. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dutchie5

Thanks for providing us with more information about your interests and motivations. It is really wonderful to hear more about who you are. Would you like to tell us more about the books you like to read, the TV you like to watch and the games you like to play on your tablet?

I hope your son is able to find somewhere to live soon but it is great to hear he is able to stay with you in the meantime. I am also really pleased to hear your job has gone well for you. Are you receiving the support you need with regards to your mental health difficulties and neurological difficulties?

In terms of connecting with people here on the Scope forum, we do have discussion sections about mental health issues and neurological conditions which you may find useful. If you are interested, you can find them at https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/mental-health-issues and https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/neurological-conditions. Please also feel free to get involved in any other discussions you find intriguing. We are a supportive and friendly space.

Take care for now and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness