Is it normal for decision maker's MR report to be word for word the same as the original report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal for decision maker's MR report to be word for word the same as the original report?

C984
C984 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I am just interested if this has happened to you at all my limited capability assessment was denied and I asked for a copy of the decision makers report for the reason why this report was nothing to do with me and my case so I did a mandatory reconsideration and again this was denied so I asked for a copy of the decision makers report again for the reason why it was denied it has come back and the report is the same as last time.e word for word has this happened to anyone or has anyone heard of this. Its comes across that they haven't bothered looking over my case again and just fobbed me off

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    Yes, perfectly normal for the MR decision to be a copy and paste of the original decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • C984
    Why is it normal for the report to be the same as I sent medical evidence to support the my case and none of this was never used 
  • poppy123456
    MR success rate is about 50% but that's falling fast. If the decision doesn't change it's usually a copy and paste of the original decision. Medical evidence is only helpful if it states how your conditions affect you and most doesn't.
    Did you give a couple of real world examples for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were? If you didn't then i'd advise you to do this.
    Have you also looked at the descriptors for LCW and LCWRA? See them both in these links.
    I'd advise you to get some expert advice and if you can get representation then even better. Start here for this. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    C984 said:
    Why is it normal for the report to be the same as I sent medical evidence to support the my case and none of this was never used 
    A perfectly reasonable question to which the only reasonable answer would, in my opinion, be it shouldn't be like that. Even if the new DM comes to the same conclusion as the original DM there really should be a reference to additional information provided (if it has been). However, as poppy says, medical evidence isn't necessarily helpful as PIP isn't about diagnosis, it's about impact and medical letters are usually silent on that score.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    calcotti said:
    C984 said:
    PIP isn't about diagnosis, it's about impact and medical letters are usually silent on that score.

Agreed although this was a WCA but the same applies to LCW, it's not about a diagnosis.
  • C984
    Hi Thanks for that yes these was further medical evidence plus statements form medical professionals and my surgeon aswell the first DM report was a complete disgrace and made no sense and parts of the report was false and made out I can do things I can't do. But the second report is word for word the same they have not taken the time to read the information provided and evidence I have sent them it makes no sense as the reports should be different as it's different people who look at these cases 
  • poppy123456
    There's nothing you can do about that now so my advice it to move on and concentrate on the Tribunal. If you haven't already given those real world examples then you should think about doing that at some point after you've submitted your Appeal request.
  • C984
    Hi poppy

Thanks for the yes I have already started the appeal process on this as I said its didn't make sense why the decision makers statement were both the same thanks for your advice 
  • AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 230 Pioneering
    The good thing is you have four opportunities to state your case. The initial application form,  at Medical assessment, MR and the Tribunal. 
    Good luck.
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.