Re-theme launching this morning (Thursday 14 October) - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re-theme launching this morning (Thursday 14 October)

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chiarieds said:

The signature box has gone from being very small to the same text size as a person's reply, which seems a bit much.

Couldn't agree more with this. It now looks huge and takes up so much space and it also makes the persons comment look rather odd.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    chiarieds said:The signature box has gone from being very small to the same text size as a person's reply, which seems a bit much.
    I agree with that - I prefer my signature text to be smaller (although I suppose that can disadvantage those with impaired vision).

I'm not finding the new look very easy on the eyes.

On my iPad, in portrait orientation, I have to scroll to bottom of the page to get to Recent Discussions which is irritating
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Loving the dark mode feature better on my eyes
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    If the line between the post and the signature could be made bolder? That would separate it more. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The dark mode is great for me too 

Found my inbox eventually but not easy to see if you have a pm like the inbox tab that used to be under your name 
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    Options
    calcotti said:
    chiarieds said:
    On my desktop, now at top right above Categories, there's +New Post
    Great - that wasn't there before.
    yup
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I really like your idea @MarkN88 - there needs to be some distinction between a text/reply & a signature where used..... that may indeed work.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I think if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, I liked the old look.

i liked the way you could look down a long list of threads and easily see if there was a new one at a glance. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    still a shame that the "like" button hasn't been replaced with a "thanks" button like so many other forums.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback so far and please keep it coming, they're helping us to prioritise and decide on changes and improvements. 

@mikehughescq, thank you for the accessibility comments, some of these have already been flagged by our accessibility team and we're working on them. When you say about not being able to see all of your replies, they should be accessible from your profile under 'Comments'. However I've noted this is missing from the profile menu. 

@woodbine, we will be looking at the buttons again once the re-theme settles down a little. It is still definitely on our list. 

@leeCal, unfortunately the old theme was no longer supported so we had no choice but to re-theme. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    One of the points Mike raises I also have. Apparently I've started 142 discussions; I've just checked, & it's 22.
    My main problem is simply looking at the site. Dark mode seemed OK on the whole, but, when you click off a post to go elsewhere, then as it's loading the contrast with having a very bright screen briefly I found to much. I've lowered the brightness on my screen to cope with the ordinary mode, but this is too dark for browsing on other sites, which is a nuisance.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with the very bright loading screen, hurts your eyes when you've been looking at a screen with dark mode. I did lower  the brightness but still hurts, also then have to change it for other sights. 

Brightness