Hello my name is shall — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello my name is shall

shall
shall Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2021 in Start here and say hello!

Comments

• shall
    I have ms and it feels like nobody understands what I’m going through on a daily basis 
  • shall
  • shall
    I’m new to this I don’t understand what to do 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi @shall - & welcome to this friendly community. We have several members with MS, & others with neurological problems who may also understand. You can post a comment here, as you have done, & others may reply. You can also have a look around the forum at the 'Recent discussions': https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussions    or perhaps 'Categories': https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories     You could also try our 'Coffee lounge' for chat about many things from pets to hobbies, & everything in between, or try our games to take your mind off your problems for a while. Please see: https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge     Just click on any of these links to have a look.
    With any of the above links, just scroll down to see what's available. Click on a post to see what's been said, & join in with anything of interest. You are also most welcome to keep on chatting here, so let us know if we can help about this site, or anything else. This site all takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here. You're not alone, & sometimes when friends, or even family, don't understand, you will find that here. I look forward to hearing from you again. :smile:
    How the community looks has changed a few days ago, so I'm finding my way around too!

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • shall
    I was doing ok on and off,I got Covid in June and spent two weeks in hospital,oxygen was low,I’m recovering my worst experience was that it spiked up every ms symptom and things I never experienced,when I spoke to my ms nurse she couldn’t give me any answers if I had a relapse or if it’s the Covid,so didn’t have any one to talk to,I wasn’t in control of anything that was going on,it’s still hard for me now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shall - I'm so sorry you had Covid-19 on top of everything else. That must have been horrible, but thankfully you're recovering. I can appreciate the lack of control you felt. Personally I feel that I can cope with the level of pain I have (both neurological & rheumatological), but anything on top of 'my usual' is so very difficult.....& I haven't had Covid. As we don't know everything that happens if you get Covid, it's perhaps understandable that your MS nurse didn't have answers, but must be so difficult for you.
    Sending you a gentle hug, & hoping you feel much better soon.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community from me too @shall :) 

Gosh, it must have been difficult to be that ill from coronavirus. I'm glad that you recovered, but am sorry to hear that you may be experiencing some longer term effects. Do you have all the support you need in place to help you deal with this flare up? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness