Hi, my name is Jaydendog1! I was given three options with my job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jaydendog1! I was given three options with my job

Jaydendog1
Jaydendog1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2021 in Work and employment
Hi I’m looking for advice I was given three options with job may 2020 . Caught Covid in work went on sick become very I’ll with long Covid lung problems and stomach problems and fatigue . Unfortortnetly I also have dry eyes threw Covid also I have fibromyalgia which I’ve had for years . Which had gone worse . I’m on pip high rate and I haven’t work since last may . I was given either to go or to go with 26 weeks pay  I’ve been working for 20 years with them or other poulticing holiday leave . I was given 6 month s first . And extended because I caught Covid in job . I’m currently into three months of last three month but struggling with money I’m in was support group and was told I can work permitted work which would make it same wagged as I used to have .  I’m afraid I want get or win my assessment in February in support group and stop it because I’m doing permitted work and they stop my pip as well 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    For permitted work you must make sure you work less than 16 hours per week and earn no more than £143 per week. Any week you work or earn more than this, you won't be entitled to any ESA and will stop. You must inform DWP that you are working and you must fill out a form.
    If the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're in the Support Group then you could be reassessed early and the decision could go against you once it's made. The same rules apply for PIP, although people do work and claim PIP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jaydendog1
    Thank you poppy why did Esa say I could work less than 15 hours if I’m on Esa support group I probably want be able to at the moment still got long Covid I feel abut pressured from my employers to. Be. Honest I don’t feel I can cope as I struggle with fatigue chest infections and fibromyigis  thank 
  • poppy123456
    Permitted work is less than 16 hours, not 15 hours. If you're ringing "DWP" for advice then that's not the best place to ring for this sort of advice. You're ringing a call centre and not DWP itself. They have almost no benefit knowledge and are not there to give any such advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jaydendog1
    I think I phoned the esa people there self not call centre 
  • poppy123456
    No, you didn't. When you ring ESA/DWP it is a call centre you ring.
  • Jaydendog1
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected

Hi @Jaydendog1

A warm welcome to the Online Community, it’s great to have you here.

I just wanted to check whether there is any further assistance we can provide?

Brightness