What sorts of questions might they ask for a work capability phone call? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What sorts of questions might they ask for a work capability phone call?

Options
lawraahh30
lawraahh30 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I was just wondering what sorts of questions are they likely to ask for a WCA phone call  As I have a number of illnesses including mental health issues. Do they focus on one or all of them? Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The questions will be based on a typical day for you. If you kept a copy of the form you returned (which you should have) have a read of this before the assessment to remind yourself of what you wrote, part of the assessment will be to verify what you wrote in the form.
    The work capability assessment is not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. Sometimes they may not focus on all of your conditions, it depends how you're affected by them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lawraahh30
    Options
    No I didn’t keep a copy of it unfortunately. I didn’t know to do that. I’ll just answer the questions as honestly as I can. Thanks for your helpful response 
  • lawraahh30
    Options
    Had my assessment today, was only 20 minutes long! Do you know if the results are uploaded to the universal credit journal or do I get a letter in the post? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Once a decision is made, a decision letter will be uploaded to your UC journal.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.