Should i tell PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should i tell PIP?

Options
Maybeimcrazy
Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
Good morning all fellow scopers i hope your all doing good? And keeping well, i have a question if anyone could help I'd appreciate it, ive done a MR for pip, however, ive just had a phone appointment with my G.P ( its a new one and she seems absolutely lovely quiet refreshing ) anyways ive been having some breathing problems, she's sending me for a chest x-ray and shes today sent me a prescription for a inhaler she thinks i could possibly have COPD from what ive told her... and also bloods next week. Is this something i need to tell pip? She said if the inhaler helps until she refers me to get x-ray shes happy to give me the inhaler, i was on steroid tables but since they have ran out im not able to breath etc again. So that's why she's trying me on the inhaler for awhile. Any help would be appreciated. I just didn't know if I'd need to tell pip my health has changed x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,225 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No.  For a worsening of condition, it must have been there for at least 3 months and even then they won't consider a worsening of condition at this stage because they will only take into consideration what your condition was like at the time of the assessment and the same if you get to Tribunal stage.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.