Partner behaviour — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Partner behaviour

Options
redOwl
redOwl Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Moment thinking spending less time at my gf feel  dont know how things are going and longer im here feel causing problems for her.She on spectrum to  she often asking me what in thinking tried explaining have problems understanding and explaining my emotions .

Since staying with her feel some behavior bit concerned over often ask me what thinking dont know what to say.Times when talked about my problems she laughed at them even calling me wimp over them but if she having any problems i need support her .

She said has fear  that she push me away and i need understand not about me its things she going though .

Recently seem everything im interested is weird or stupid that like read a lot and expect some things read about not everyone agree with .Turned into argument that i shouldnt be reading  kind books they just superstition nonsense  she couldnt cope with reading about things like that then started crying over it how her ex was same way.She told me didnt understand that when like that shouldnt argue with her she needs my support wasnt really about me .

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @redOwl

Sorry to hear that things still haven't improved for you. Have you and your partner considered accessing some support together such as couples therapy? That might help you both to talk about the issues you are facing in a controlled environment, where you can get some professional advice.

Of course that is if you do want to try and fix things, but you seem quite unsure about whether you want to do that or leave the relationship.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • redOwl
    Options
    Something have mentioned  in past maybe autism support group may help suggest it
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A support group sounds good @red0wl :) Do you know of any in your area? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • redOwl
    Options
    Im not sure gf said was group somewhere local that she thinking going to .  Would be helpful if find something like that do don't if she would go maybe just that communicate in different ways sometimes not so sure.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,447 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @redOwl sorry to read that your having problems in your relationship. Have you spoke to your girlfriend about how you feel. If you can go to the relationship support group it may help. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think you need to look at what you are getting out of the relationship 

It's very early days and if you are already having all these doubts it doesn't sound like it's going to work out 

As advised in your other post by many that maybe you have moved in together too soon and you should maybe move back home 

You can still continue the relationship but it will give you both some space 

Brightness