I'm having some trouble with my PIP renewal. Will my payments stop? What can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm having some trouble with my PIP renewal. Will my payments stop? What can I do?

cheryl1970
cheryl1970 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi i’m new here and really stressed.  my pip is not meant to be due for renewal until april 2022 however they sent me renewal form . i completed but they say not found.  they sent me another but i only read last wk abd i was really sick so couldn’t complete.  i’ve just started and the letter says to be back 25 oct monday.  i’m worried as my pip payment due on tuesday will they not pay me as it’s not been returned .  i’ve got mental health issues which exacerbated by my physical health of a genetic condition so the stress is overwhelming and i’m really panicking.  what can i do to stop them cancelling my payment as i’ll lose my mobility car abd already lost my increased esa payment for disability and lost my child tax credits and i really don’t know what to do.  i’m struggling filling the firm in as my fingers sublax whilst writing .  any advice appreciated.  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi,

If your current award was extended due to Covid then the extenstion is for them, not for you. A review is still due at anytime.
    The first form you returned did you keep a copy for yourself? if you did then you can just copy that. If you didn't then i'd advise you to ring DWP Monday to ask if they've now received the first form you sent because they is postal delays so they may have received it by now. If they haven't then ask for an extension to return your current form.
    Do you have access to a printer so you can type your answers to the questions in the form and then print it out?
    May i ask why you lost your tax credits and your disability payment for your ESA? Was this because your son or daughter is no longer in full time education?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cheryl1970
    cheryl1970 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    hi no printer and with agoraphobia reason i couldn’t get copied either. my tax credits is complicated.  i got married ( religious marriage) but he was my carer then we broke up. they stopped my tax credits as even though i’d advised them we got married he was still living in london except for 4 weeks then we broke up . they won’t review so i’d have to go on uc and i’m not sure what to do what i can claim if can backdate etc 
    i used to be so good with these things but after becom  u.k. by viryalky bedridden after a great career etc i had a nervous breakdown and have lost all confidence dealing with people especially face to face or telephone.  i cancel appointments as my agoraphobia holds me back.  i can drive anywhere it’s my lifeline but i never get out the car much.  only time i do is when with my daughters both in ft education but one i claim cb for the other her dad claims. i just can’t face the calls and really coukd do with help making them .  i just don’t know we’re to start. i was also on direct payments for carer but that stopped also and i’m really struggling .  i end up eating rubbish and makes me sicker as i can’t cook for myself as have too many accidents and so end up not eating for days at a time in fact i just stay in bed.  i can’t get in my shower anymore as over bath and i can’t manage it so i’m not even clean .  everything has just got so bad now.  they came out to assess fir wet room and stair lift a i sleep on sofa often and they decided i need to move.  i can’t face this and don’t want to move just a shower with no bath and stair lift is all i want . 
    i don’t know who to contact bract what to do as i said i struggle even facing someone  and the visit was tough for me to then be told need to move is exactly why i avoid talking to authorities as it just stresses be out too much 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Universal Credit is a digital benefit so can be claimed online. The only problem is, they will ask you to attend your local Job centre as part of your claim. Although you maybe able to do this over the telephone because of your health conditions. When you claim UNiversal Credit you need to report your health conditions and then speak to your GP for a fit note.(previously known as a sick note)
    If you claim for help with your rent then this will continue for 2 weeks and then transfer to UC. UC is paid monthly and is 1 benefit with different elements. It will include money for rent, child element, as well standard element. This link will explain what it is. https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/
    This link tells you how to claim. https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-to-claim
    You will need to ring DWP regarding your PIP claim tomorrow morning when they open. The number to ring is 0800 121 4433 and they open at 9am.
    Why did your direct payments stop? Do you have a Social Worker that you can contact for some help? Or contact your local council.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    i was also on direct payments for carer but that stopped also and i’m really struggling .  i end up eating rubbish and makes me sicker as i can’t cook for myself as have too many accidents and so end up not eating for days at a time in fact i just stay in bed.  i can’t get in my shower anymore as over bath and i can’t manage it so i’m not even clean .  everything has just got so bad now.  they came out to assess fir wet room and stair lift a i sleep on sofa often and they decided i need to move.  i can’t face this and don’t want to move just a shower with no bath and stair lift is all i want . 
    I'm sorry to read all of this @cheryl1970. It sounds as though you've got a lot on your plate. Have you had a needs assessment from your local council to see if you can access any more help at home? 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.