I have asthma. Am I entitled to PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have asthma. Am I entitled to PIP?

Options
koysur
koysur Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone

Comments

• koysur
    koysur Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hello everyone need help I have been suffering from asthma about 5 years I can't sleep in flat pillow as it triggers my asthma I'm having early morning asthma attacks every day I can't take the smell of bleach perfume as it triggers my asthma attacks I can't breath in cold air as it triggers my asthma attacks I need to breeth through my nose slowly and keep my mouth closed at all times I can't take big breath like a normal person am I entitled to pip
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @koysur - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry about the difficulties you have with asthma; have you spoken to your GP if you feel this is worsening?
    About PIP, it's not about any diagnosis, but how your disability may affect certain activities, or descriptors, in daily living, &/mobility. It's just day time activities, so your problems sleeping during the night would not be taken into account. It's also how you are the majority of the time.
    Please have a look at the following link about these PIP descriptors, & do then come back with any questions. Please see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @koysur :) It's great to have you with us.

Thanks for sharing a bit about your situation. I'd definitely second chiarieds' advice to take a look at the PIP descriptors and key terms to see if you might be entitled to PIP. Please do let us know if there's anything you're unsure about, or if you have any further questions. 

Just to let you know, I've renamed your post, and moved it into the PIP category, so that other members will be able to find it more easily.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.