Pip assessor lied and i feel discriminated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor lied and i feel discriminated

Options
syma78
syma78 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is syma  i applied for pip and after the assessment the advisor for pip declined me an award and lied on everything what i told her. I am so frustrated and stressed as i suffer from severe depression and anxiety and asthma diabetes migraines and arthritis. Now i have become incontinence too after stress due to the decision. I don't have any control over my bowels or urine anymore. I am a muslim and have recently moved as i have a child who is transgender and who is going through hormone medication and being a muslim its very hard when you are a single mother and have no support. I have a very nasty past which has affected me very badly. Getting forced into marriage at 17 having 2 kids at the age of 23 and leaving home and bringing up my kids as a single parent. Not spoken to family for 23 years and they live round corner. I was called a liar as it shows on the report of the assessor and told i was not disabled. So many filthy lies. I have a daughter who has  moved out for university and a 5 year old who has behaviour problems and a 24 year old son who is transitioning into a female who looks after me cooks for me and looks after the little one. The pip assessor lied and changed all the answers to what i told her. What can i do please help me?

Syma (Removed by moderator, full names are not allowed on the community in accordance with our house rules)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community..
    I am sorry your claim was refused 

It isn't the assessors job to repeat what you said they give their opinion based on the assessment 

You can put in a MR to challenge the decision 

You need to put the report away and focus on your own evidence giving at least 2 examples of what happens when you try and do the task 

Give details of any help support you need , if you can't do the task why not,  are there any consequences 

A good example would be relating to your incontinence,  under the toilet descriptors when you last had an accident,  what were the circumstances and the outcome 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    The assessment isn't there for them to write word for word what you tell them. It's there to gather more evidence to support your claim. They then write the report which is their opinion based on the form you sent, any extra evidence and the answers you gave during the assessment. The report then becomes part of your evidence.  The assesser doesn't make decisions, only a decision maker can do that.
    If you've had the actual decision then you can now request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) this means another decision maker will look at all your evidence and make another decision.
    For the MR you need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Or write your own letter.
    If you haven't had the decision then you will need to wait for that before requesting the MR.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • goosegog
    goosegog Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hello, I can say that the same happened to my daughter. After going to the mandatory hearing.  The representative,  from dla agreed that they indeed make mistakes over A phone decision 
  • syma78
    syma78 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou so much for all your help. The thing is that the assessor never contacted my GP or hospitals for any evidence as i have all the evidence they need. Also i mentioned about my kids coming over and they take turns into helping me as i find it hard doing certain things due to depression. I have suffered depression for about 22 years now and it has become worse In time due to what has been happening recently. I did work and worked all my life but due to my arthritis i was having difficulty. I was recommended to apply for PIP from a universal credit advisor so that is why i applied. All my life i have been trying as a single mum all alone no family support to help my children get a good life. I was fleeing from domestic violence with my little ones father too so i had a lot going on.  Moving was another option for me as i am trying hard to support my eldest who is transgender and it is just so hard in the muslim community for them to accept that and that is the reason i moved homes. It has all been adding up in my head what i have been going through and mentally and physically i am exhausted and i just cannot think straight. I am on prescription medication and the assessor said i was taking over the counter medication and that was a lie. Yes i have some good days but mostly bad days and all i want is my brain to just relax as it feels like it will explode. How can she judge me over the phone? These people need to understand that mental illness plays a big role in a persons life after going through so much. Being forced to marry at the age of 17 and having no support i have been through hell in my life.... ?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear all that. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
    My advice is to put the report to one side and forget about it and concentrate on the MR letter as advised above, providing you've had the decision of course.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.