MR pip submitted. How long do you have to wait to hear back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR pip submitted. How long do you have to wait to hear back?

lisa1827
lisa1827 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning, after my meeting with money matter the MR has now been submitted this morning. They wrote on the report a certain thing and he didnt get points for it and itnwas bypassed according to the money matters advisor so she thinks ive very good grounds for the enhanced rate. They also wrote my husbands autsim and adhd could be alot better in 18month so they will review then.. they really dont have a grasp on autism or adhd at all the DM. The assessor emphasized several time how his condition affects him with examples and it just seem to be over looked. I was actually really happy with the report from the assesor. 

How long normally do you wait for a MR to hear back i submitted it this morning by telephone?

thanks in advance 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer. You said you were happy with the report, are you saying the DM went against that report? I always advise people to put the MR request in writing, rather than ring to request it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lisa1827
    Yes they went again the report. The lady i deal with from money matter is getting a 2 week turn around with telephone MR. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    That is a very fast turn around, even under normal times it can take several weeks, sometimes longer. We have members that have been waiting 11 weeks and still no decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • effie678
    effie678 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    I'm into my 10th week of waiting for MR decision and have heard nothing yet so you might have a wait. Good luck with it
  • lisa1827
    Yes im not bothered about the wait anyway he is getting it just now anyway its only to reasses for the enhanced rate. My mother in law waited 3 weeks they called her asked few questions then said they would be moving her to enhanced rate and the extra would be backdated to when she submitted however this was back in june. 

Thanks again for all the help and answers.

• lisa1827
    edited December 2021
     update on the MR I received a call today woman couldn’t have been any nicer the usual been in jail bank still the same. She has already increased one of the areas before she called she also spoke about 2 subject I hadn’t asked to be revised that she thinks should have been. Very positive call and said that I should hear within 2 weeks but due to post might be longer and normally that I know the answer before letter is received. So I’m taken that as a good sign and hoping for the best. Also this has taken 9 weeks total since submitted the MR. thanks 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for the update @lisa1827. That does sound positive! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lisa1827
    Update was awarded low care low mobility i appealed the decision within 2 weeks got call it was increased to emhance rate for both.. so now over the moon also term givem was also increased to 5 years instead of 2 years. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fantastic news @lisa1827 I hope you're enjoying the weekend :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • lisa1827
    Thanks you all

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.