PIP wait times and other questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP wait times and other questions

sammyjoanne
sammyjoanne Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I'm new here. First time poster. Sorry to trouble you all but I was just wondering on pip wait times?. Applied 29th July.  Send to the assessors on the 21 September but still with them. I have asked for a phone assessment as I suffer terribly with my anxiety. I've heard some real horror stories to about assesors lying on forms. I'm a real mess with anxiety worrying about this. How long will it take. What if I get a bad assesor. It's making my head spin out. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The wait time from start to finish is about 10 months 

Don't listen to all you hear most people only discuss issues those who are successful have no reason to talk about it on the Internet 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @sammyjoanne and a warm welcome to the community. 
    Please don't apologise and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. 

Unfortunately PIP timescales vary greatly so we wouldn't be able to give an accurate idea but hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer for your assessment. 

You will always read and hear horror stories about assessors and assessments but as @janer1967 said, this is because those who have problems with their claims are usually more vocal. 

Do you have anyone that could sit with you during your assessment?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sammyjoanne
    Thankyou jane and Adrian.  That makes sense I just suffer so badly with anxiety at the minute it doesn't take alot to trigger me. I've found the process very stressful. My partner. I'd like him to be my advocate as I have trouble with my understanding sometimes. I'm not sure how to do this. Thankyou so much for being so kind. I've read a lot of threads but was very nervous to post. As I say my anxiety is really bad at the minute and I worry about everything. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are mentally incapable of managing your own benefit claims then your partner can be your appointee but do be aware that they will need to give their bank details for any potential money to go into. They will also be responsible for reporting changes, filling in forms etc etc. See link. https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sammyjoanne
    edited October 2021
    Thankyou poppy. I've spoken to Capita today about it as I needed an address to send extra evidence too. They told me it will take until the 15th of November for them to finish gathering evidence. Then they will be in contact as to wether I need a telephone assessment or wether they have all the evidence. Thanks everyone for your tips. I'm new to this and feel very overwhelmed by it. 
  • honeywell01_
    honeywell01_ Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Can you get a copy off your report does anyone know
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you get a copy off your report does anyone know

Yes you can by ringing DWP but if you already experience anxiety then requesting the report may not be a good idea because it can make some people even more anxious.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sammyjoanne
    Honeywell Im sure You can once you've had it but in my case I'm not sure reading it's a good idea. I agree with you poppy if it's bad I'll spend weeks worrying. 
  • honeywell01_
    honeywell01_ Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Cheers, probably best off not getting it iam a terrible worrier

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.