Technical support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Technical support

TurkBish
TurkBish Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi need bit of advice on a Monarch XL 8 LTD Edition
Tagged:

Comments

• TurkBish
    Hi any advice would be appreciated
    My mum's scooter was slowing and even stopping at times then speeding up again. So I changed the speedbot then it was fine, but now it dramatically slows down on an incline needing to be turned up to full speed not stopping but almost, but when going on the flat it works fine on a speed below 5
    Any advice ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @TurkBish

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your mum's mobility scooter. I am unsure of what you could suggest as I have no experience in this regard, but I hope others might have some ideas. 

Have you contacted the manufacturer to see what they would recommend?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • TurkBish
    I am thinking this is not an issue with a particular model 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TurkBish

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, similar to @Ross_Scope, this is not an area of my expertise which means I am hoping someone with more knowledge about Monarch XL 8 LTD Edition can respond to you soon. However, in the meantime, I want to reassure you that we have seen your post and we will try our best to support you. I have found some contact details for Monarch Mobility if this helps! Firstly, there is the contact form at https://monarchmobility.com/contact-us/ and you can also call them at 0800 002 9633 or email them at sales@monarchmobility.com. Their opening hours are Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:30pm and Saturday 9:00am - 3:00pm. I hope this helps  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    TurkBish said:
    Hi need bit of advice on a Monarch XL 8 LTD Edition
    Hi @TurkBish :) 

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on?

Did you manage to find any information with regards to the Monarch XL 8 LTD Edition? I see some of our members have provided some really useful resources on this thread, which I'm hoping have been helpful for you :) Did you manage to contact Monarch mobility directly?

If you have any other questions or queries, then please don't hesitate to ask us :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello being a mobility scooter user I want some information so obtained the brands head office and asked to talk to the parts department. I was refused and told to use a dealer. Another brand where so helpful going through head office I had a long conversation with the parts and workshop department. So you may have to go through a dealer.your batteries may be on their way out, or the motor brushes need replacement. I’ve done over 6000 miles on mine and the brushes are still ok but I had to replace the batteries at 4000 miles as range was dropping fast from 8 miles to 2 miles per charge.

Brightness