poem called fighting for change — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

poem called fighting for change

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2021 in Coffee lounge

A poem called fighting for change 

We retreat from doing the things we love. 

We get judged.

We nudge ourselves to prove our critics wrong.

We are so strong for long.

It's our time we will rise up again.

Then only we can bring change to people's perceptions that people with disabilities are going to have a bleak future.

We need to come together and let our creative passion flow.

we need to keep getting our heads held high. 

We dry our faces. 

Remember we are all aces, 

As we go at our own pace.

But remember we tasted failure will be a bitter pill to swallow on the road to success

We can learn from our mistakes 

We should not shape who we are.

We all have hidden creative talents inside us.

It's our time to shine like stars we are.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Your best one yet @Globster.?
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Another poem about fighting for change
    We strain our all of energy with have
    We stride a steady climb up that ladder of success.
    It's important we do not get stressed or depressed.
    We request to work on our passion. 
    We are shown compassion at our disappointments can be used as our strength.
    As are willing to go to any length for our success. 
    As we progress and grow as a person
    I am certain the version of person I was. 
    Cause I don't think about my disability being debilitating to me.
    I have turned the word into a positive aspect in my life that no control on.
    I won't show that we have many burning desires inside us
    We trust the gift we have all been given 
    As  adrenaline flows through our veins
    We break the chain that held us back
    As track our little achievements by tickicking once we have completed them with pen 
    This gives us a sense of power and our focuses and; keep knocking items off our list.
    We have dismissed and dispelled the negative attitudes people have toward people with cerebral palsy other disabilies used to thought tag we are looking tag removed for neck
    It will take more than a second but if we join hands.
    We create our brands.
    We put flags in the sands and made stands for change.
    Our tears of sadness are quickly turned to tears of joy.
    As we destroy the false tags that have been placed on us
    We have a great plus.
    It is time we begin to adjust people perceptions.
    We receive recognition for our work.
    We never jerk from taking the to learn our passion

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Another great one @Globster :) I particularly like this bit:

We create our brands.
    We put flags in the sands and made stands for change.
    Our tears of sadness are quickly turned to tears of joy.
    As we destroy the false tags that have been placed on us
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Globster
    Another poem about change
    We all have a light burning in our hearts.
    Which starts a long journey.
    This is why we wake up early.
    As we spend our perfecting our craft 
    Learning our craft.
    Not worrying about our pasts
    As we sometimes days we may procrastinate.
    We can not wait.
    Our heart rate stays calm.
    Our palms get sweaty.
    We start doubter our own ability.
    We have fantastic  agility get up off the mat
    We chat about bringing change.
    We exchange our views with each other.
    We need to work smarter.
    We all had start somewhere.
    As we dare to dream.
    As we work as a team.
    We brimming with fantastic confidence.
     It is important we find our lost voices.
    We have a fantastic choice how we want to lead our life
    We may face shape points on our journeys
    I have the key remove the imaginative shackles that have been placed on our ankles
    We were unable to move
    As dark clouds hanged overuse us.
    We have a robust outer shell.
    As we propel forward with our passion.
    We have a fantastic fashion sense.
    We commence with our passion. 
    It is like a raging fire.
    We want to go higher. 
    We acquire to keep our strength up so we can fight for change.

• Globster
    A poem called changing outlooks
    We pine to be fantastic own way.
    We save our best for last
    We all have craft inside all
    We may fall.
    we have crawled the best way
    We lay our fears to bed
    We are able to think clearly in heads
    As our threads grow stronger with connection build.
    We all deserve happiness filled lives
    We make strides for change
    This can be done in a ranges way
    We raise a weir heads
    We send days and nights perfecting our craft.
    We have graft at our craft on our path to success
    We are blessed with the support of our amazing families who stand by us
    We out much fuss and when do not quite go
    And give insight into a way successful at our craft 
    Impress with nothing but our best 
    As we progress reaching aims
    We never the flame inside our hearts go out.
    It's time we shout our fantastiness shines in us all.
    We can stand tall together we join hands.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Very inspiring @Globster :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Globster

Thanks for sharing even more poems with us! It is always great to see your work. In particular, it is great to see you are following your passions. How have competitions gone for you recently?  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    @L_Volunteer
    I hope I find you well L_Volunteer?
    How is Degree going  L_Volunteer?

I have not heard anything from competitions that have entered but once hear anything I will certainly let you  know the scope on the online forum once any news

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Globster

I am well thank you. How are you today? In all honesty, the degree is making me feel sleepy but it will all be worth it in the end and that's the most important thing to remember - just like anything we are determined to achieve! Good luck with the competitions  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    L_Volunteer I am fantastic thank I just write a one-act stage play about living with cerebral palsy

• L_Volunteer
    I am really glad to hear you are doing well @Globster. Ooh, that sounds really interesting! Would you like to tell us more about it? I am intrigued!  :D

• Globster
    @L_Volunteer I draw on my own experiences with cerebral palsy and turn them into one-act plays for the stageplay.
    @L_Volunteer

• L_Volunteer
    That's a really good idea @Globster. I bet your plays are well received! Always great to use our own experiences (if we feel comfortable) to help others. Such a positive outlet too  :D

Brightness