Hi great news yesterday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi great news yesterday

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
My OT come out yesterday and is having my bathroom ripped out and new shower and systems put in widen indoors and higher bed to get off and on , chair for kitchen been waiting 8 months to get it granted that is going to take a while before they start the work but at least I know they've accepted that I need more help than I did before as my health has deteriorated quite a lot over the past year I was stubborn to ask for the help because I kept thinking I could do it myself until I had a major fall and that's what put me in the wheelchair let's look on the bright side at least my bathroom will be ripped out and it'll be a safer place
Ajones 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds positive @Ashvinney :) Thanks for letting us know.

I'm sorry to hear that your health has worsened over the past year, but hopefully this'll help you to feel safer at home. 

Do you think there are any other adaptations you might need made to your home?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Tedybear12  thanks it's what I was waiting for to make it so I can get my wheelchair in witch we'll make things easier 

Ajones 
  • Ashvinney
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Toir_scope  they change kitchen so I can reach cupboards and higher drawers  making doors wider all over the flat and I have had to fight for this as being under 65  , my  care manager hand a lot of issues with me being younger , I am in very sheltered housing so my flat is being adapted,  but due to my age it's took a while for them to agree and I think it shouldn't make a difference what age you are you're  disabilities  are different in everybody age 
    Ajones 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ashvinney

Thanks for sharing your good news with us. It was really great to hear they are supporting you. As you say though, people of any age can indeed be disabled! Hopefully, these adjustments will be made soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • steve39
    steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    Ashvinney said:
    My OT come out yesterday and is having my bathroom ripped out and new shower and systems put in widen indoors and higher bed to get off and on , chair for kitchen been waiting 8 months to get it granted that is going to take a while before they start the work but at least I know they've accepted that I need more help than I did before as my health has deteriorated quite a lot over the past year I was stubborn to ask for the help because I kept thinking I could do it myself until I had a major fall and that's what put me in the wheelchair let's look on the bright side at least my bathroom will be ripped out and it'll be a safer place
    Hi I'm glad that your finally getting everything safe & sorted for yourself, hopefully everything will go like it did for me bro in lincolnshire and not like it did for me uncle in , hant's where they, F.... up the Drainage in it so it come out the bathroom door, instead of down the hole, lol  good luck  with it all

Brightness