Personal Care Assistant Insurance Cover — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Personal Care Assistant Insurance Cover

Options
JustPete
JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
I would love to hear from people who require personal assistance and therefore 'should' have "Care Insurance" in place.  

What is your experience with you insurers? (Good and bad)
Do you know what you are covered for?
Are you paying too much? To little?
I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had to take this out for my daughter when she had a PA. It was all paid for as part of her personal budget but it was just £99 for the whole year. I won't mention the company because it's against the rules to advertise paid for items/services.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • peteofherts
    peteofherts Scope Member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    @poppy123456 Which company have you used?  I've stuck with Fish for 30-odd years but they've just changed their policy dramatically?

Brightness