I've applied for LCWRA. How long does the process take? Will I be entitled to backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've applied for LCWRA. How long does the process take? Will I be entitled to backpay?

Salpal
Salpal Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Can anyone help? I've applied for LCWRA and wondering how long the process takes? I sent my first fit note in May 2021 and have been sending them in every time I was asked, I was sent the form to fill in, in August which I completed and sent back straight away. It is now November and I have still not heard anything. I know there is a 3 month waiting period and was wondering if that started from my first fit note in May or from my form in August and if I will be entitled to any backpay and how long back, I'm finding it all a bit confusing! Many thanks in advance! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's huge backlogs for assessments so the wait could be quite a few months. Most people have assessments which are usually through telephone or face to face.
    The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, it just means that if you're assessed as having LCWRA you won't be paid the extra money at all for those first 3 months. Then the extra money starts from the 4th month (backdated for those that waited more than this for their decision)
    Unfortunately, all you can do is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Salpal - & welcome to the community. I hope Poppy's advice above helps. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I also just wanted to welcome you to the community @Salpal, and check whether you had any further questions about your LCWRA application? Wait times can unfortunately be quite long, but hopefully you'll hear back soon :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.