I've applied for LCWRA. How long does the process take? Will I be entitled to backpay?
Can anyone help? I've applied for LCWRA and wondering how long the process takes? I sent my first fit note in May 2021 and have been sending them in every time I was asked, I was sent the form to fill in, in August which I completed and sent back straight away. It is now November and I have still not heard anything. I know there is a 3 month waiting period and was wondering if that started from my first fit note in May or from my form in August and if I will be entitled to any backpay and how long back, I'm finding it all a bit confusing! Many thanks in advance!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.