Had my PIP Assessment. Less than 24 hours later they said they'd received the report. Is this bad? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my PIP Assessment. Less than 24 hours later they said they'd received the report. Is this bad?

Kate777
Kate777 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just wondered if someone could give me a little advice.
I had my pip assessment by telephone yesterday at 2.10pm. The call lasted about 1 hour. I have put a claim in due to mental health issues including anxiety and OCD. The lady was very nice on the phone and was very sympathetic as I was crying during most of the call.
However less then 24 hours later I received a text from the DWP to say they have already received my report! I am now very worried this is a bad sign as it was sent over so quickly. Kate

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Kate777 said:..However less then 24 hours later I received a text from the DWP to say they have already received my report! I am now very worried this is a bad sign as it was sent over so quickly.
    That is absolutely standard (as numerous threads on the forum will confirm). The assessors are writing the report while you have the assessment and send it across as soon as they finish.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Kate777
    ok, thank you for taking the time to reply.
  • Kate777
    Hi just wanted some more advice regarding my pip claim. I had my assessment via telephone on the 2nd November. I received a text on the 3rd to say DWP have received my report from the assessment services. However I was on my online account for my Doctors surgery and could see they received a pip form for information on the 4th November. Is this normal for a GP report to be requested by the DWP after my assessment? I am getting really worried now as I thought it would be the assessment services that would request this? I rang the DWP PIP helpline for an update and was told my report was with the case manager. I really don't understand why the GP report would not be requested before the report was sent to the case manager.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there

This is nothing to worry about the case manager will have requested it prompted by getting your report from the assessment 

As there is such a long wait for assessments the case manager will probably not look at a case till the assessment has been done 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • danixxx
    danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
    I had my telephone assessment on Saturday an they haven’t received my report from 
    the Assessor he said they usually send it right away but they haven’t with mine
    is this bad ?  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    danixxx said:
    I had my telephone assessment on Saturday an they haven’t received my report from 
    the Assessor he said they usually send it right away but they haven’t with mine
    is this bad ?  

If a report is chosen for audit then it can delay them returning it to DWP. It doesn't mean it has been chosen but if it has then it's nothing for you to worry about. They are checking the AP has done everything correctly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    Oh ok could be the reason why then 
    thanks poppy 
  • danixxx
    Does anybody know the contact number to capita who do the pip assessments? 
  • poppy123456
    danixxx said:
    Does anybody know the contact number to capita who do the pip assessments? 

A quick google search is always the answer. http://www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/contact.html 0808 1788 114

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • forstgump
    forstgump Community member Posts: 67 Listener
    03301247274 assessment centre 
  • poppy123456
    forstgump said:
    03301247274 assessment centre 
    Not sure what that number is but it’s not for capita or Independent Assessment services that do PIP assessments. 
    IAS is here https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/#our-contact-details-1105
    Capita is the link I posted above.
  • danixxx
    Thanks everyone my claim is in audit at the moment so who knows when it will get to  the dwp
    Anyone else on here has there’s go to audit ? 
  • poppy123456
    danixxx said:
    Thanks everyone my claim is in audit at the moment so who knows when it will get to  the dwp
    Anyone else on here has there’s go to audit ? 
    My daughters PIP report was chosen in 2017 and stayed there for 6 weeks.

• forstgump
    Call it ull see it’s pip center
  • poppy123456
    forstgump said:
    Call it ull see it’s pip center

Do you have a link for that? The PIP assessment providers contact details are in both links i posted and neither of them include the number you've given.
  • danixxx
  • danixxx
    As you say @poppy123456 doesn’t mean anythin other than they assess the recommendations are done correctly isn’t it ? 
  • forstgump
    No thy rang me on this number and I called them bak on it
  • forstgump
    It’s probably a number thy don’t want u to have 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.