Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP GP Assessment
Hi just wanted some more advice regarding my pip claim. I had my assessment via telephone on the 2nd November. I received a text on the 3rd to say DWP have received my report from the assessment services. However I was on my online account for my Doctors surgery and could see they received a pip form for information on the 4th November. Is this normal for a GP report to be requested by the DWP after my assessment? I am getting really worried now as I thought it would be the assessment services that would request this? I rang the DWP PIP helpline for an update and was told my report was with the case manager. I really don't understand why the GP report would not be requested before the report was sent to the case manager.
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.