I've been awarded LCWRA, but have just been told I need to go to the Job Centre tomorrow? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA, but have just been told I need to go to the Job Centre tomorrow?

becsmusic44
becsmusic44 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have been classed as LCWRA but today I had a message in my journal saying I need to go to the Job Centre tomorrow to see a work coach or my benefits will be cut ????? I thought the whole idea of LCWRA was that this wouldn’t happen ? I get higher rate PIP for mobility & daily living because my mobility is really bad. I now have to get myself to the Job Centre at short notice which has very limited parking so I face a long walk. Is this right ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    If your claim for UC started in the past 18 months or the decision of your work capability assessment was made within this time, then your appointment will be just to agree to your claimant commitment. This will be simply for you to agree to report all changes and that's it.
    During Covid there were no face to face appointments so now they are catching up on all those appointments and asking people to attend appointments.
    This will be your only appointment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope that poppy123456's comment has put you at ease a bit @becsmusic44

I'm sorry to hear that the Jobcentre isn't an accessible place to get to. Do you have someone who could drop you off and park somewhere else, or could you get public transport? If not, I hope that you manage to walk there safely :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • becsmusic44
    Thank you I have sorted a lift & will let them know I don’t appreciate such short notice for appointments !!!!
  • poppy123456
    Thankfully, it's just a one time appointment. Once it's done, there will be no further appointments at least until you have your next review for the work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad to hear that you have a lift sorted now @becsmusic44 :) I hope the meeting goes smoothly!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • becsmusic44
  • zaynahox
    zaynahox Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    @Tori_Scope thanks ! 
    Hi can I ask what the appoitment was for because they have asked me the same and I’m nervous wondering what it’s for 
  • zaynahox
  • poppy123456
    zaynahox said:
    @Tori_Scope thanks ! 
    Hi can I ask what the appoitment was for because they have asked me the same and I’m nervous wondering what it’s for 
    You’ve posted on a thread that’s 10 months old and the member hasn’t been active since last November. 
    If you’ve been found to have LCWRA then you shouldn’t be expected to attend any appointments.
  • zaynahox
    @poppy123456 I wasn’t Aware as I’m new to this I’ve literallly just signed up and it didn’t say a date but no problem. I am aware of this but they said they need to see me face to face this Saturday not sure why 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @zaynahox and thanks for posting on the community :) Keep us up to date with how things go on Saturday, and if we can help with anything further, please just let us know.

If you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum please do feel free, here's a few of the best places to get started:

• Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too

I hope this community can act as a place of support for you, and enjoy exploring the forum!

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ByTheSea
    ByTheSea Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Welcome @zaynahox
    Don't worry I am new and getting confused with the dates on here too, I think it's because the newest posts don't come up first it seems ?
    I have LCWRA, it seems they can randomly call you in for appointments just to check things every now and then, which is really annoying but think you have no choice, it won't be job search related which is what you aren't required to attend.
    The whole system is broken though in my opinion and staff are jobsworths extreme.
    Good luck  

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    @ByTheSea if you have LCWRA you have no need to attend appointments and can’t get sanctioned. Some people ask for support hence why certain people do get called in.
  • zaynahox
    I have only been told on the 7th of September I was Awarded it and would not need to give any more sick notes, I put a message asking how long it would take for a back pay and they said I was owed something but they are doing some internal checks. And then I got message to say I need to come in to discuss my benefits and it has to be face to face.. pretty confusing 
  • ByTheSea
    You don't have to attend for work related activity but you can be called in if they suspect something is wrong, I have heard this many times, if somebody reports you etc, you are required to go in, people have ex's and neighbours etc reporting them when in fact there's nothing wrong.  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Possibly, because you have just been found to have LCWRA they want to update your Claimant Commitment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • zaynahox
    Hey guys it was nothing to worry about it’s basically just to tell that you won’t have to attend anymore and given a case worker. Also to discuss how they will release your back pay to you.. either in instalments or one lump sum! Hope this helps anyone in the same position! 

• ByTheSea
    @zaynahox
    Good to hear, have a good weekend, you can relax now ! 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good to know @zaynahox and as you say, very useful for others in the same position, thanks for sharing :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.