Hi, my name is LNH! I need some help repairing flat tyre on mobility scooter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LNH! I need some help repairing flat tyre on mobility scooter

LNH
LNH Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, I was told about this group by a family member, so I have come along to see what I can find out about mobility scooters and repairing the one that I have which has a flat tyre at present. I do not know how to repair it at all but I have taken it off the scooter itself, now I can not get the to half apart even though I have removed all the nuts bolts etc from it. I just can't work out how the inner tube comes out or the two parts get separated yet but working on it ?. I am wondering if the do an insert that you can buy online that can go into the tyre instead of the inner tube but will still give a comfortable ride like an air-filled tyre, anybody know of anything like this please let me know as 40 to 60 pound for one tyre that is already filled with one seems like ripe off to me, to be honest with you all. Any help would be much appreciated that I folks keep safe, keep happy & keep on going on. Les N-H

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I would look on you tube they often have videos to demonstrate 

Or see if there is anything about it on the manufacturer website 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @LNH :) 

I'm afraid I don't know too much about mobility scooter repairs. I've moved your post into our aids, adaptations, and equipment category and renamed it slightly so that other members with some personal experience to offer will be able to find your post more easily. 

@Aikidomo: you mentioned in your recent welcome post that you've managed to fix your wife's mobility scooter a couple of times. Do you have any advice to offer? No worries if not!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    We now use solid tyres on powered wheelchair because of puncture issues (like you say, a solid insert instead of inner tube) Not sure what the ride is like but son says it's fine.  Tyres of any sort are VERY difficult to get on and off though so last time our small local car repair garage did it!  I have asked a bike shop in the past, and they did it, but said it was very tricky.  But garage managed fine so it's worth asking.
  • LNH
    LNH Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you for all of your reply's to this message , I have know managed to purchase the said Solid puncture proof tyres from a good, nice & friendly company online. 
    [Mobility Pitstop, great service prices and vat exemption to boot with a deal price reduction plus free delivery when buying sets of four.} other sites where charging up to £65 per tyre Plus vat & Delivery, ripping off disabled people is okay for many companies like them I guess. I have so much to learn about my new situation in life by the looks of things.
    Please shop around when looking for anything at all never take the first price quoted ask for there best price then wait check online see if its a good deal or a bad risk folks.
    Take care everyone and thank you all again for your advice and help very much appreciated my end.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lnh and welcome to the community, I'm glad you found the responses from members helpful and it's good to hear that you managed to get hold of some tires :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness