Describe your week in song — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Describe your week in song

JustPete
JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
edited November 2021 in Coffee lounge
Describe your week by naming a song title or some lyrics of a song!  I'm thinking.........
I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Ready for the Weekend - Calvin Harris 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Climb every mountain (the Dickie Valentine version)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• JustPete
    woodbine said:
    Climb every mountain (the Dickie Valentine version)
    You  cannot beat The Sound of Music!!!!!!!  :):):):):):)
    I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Flash! 

My weeks flashed by.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    As a side note, I love your signature @leeCal :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I bet most of us can echo that one Mike :D
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    The Drugs Don't Work - The Verve
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Pulling teeth- green day 

Wish someone would just pull all mine out relieve the pain 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    It has to be I'm still standing by Elton John for me this week. It was a very trying week but I'm still here overcoming the blocks  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Behi
    Behi Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Feel so good by Clair guerreso
    Which may not be a famous song but lots of positive energy, for me
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:
    Pulling teeth- green day 

Wish someone would just pull all mine out relieve the pain 
    Hope you feel better soon @janer1967. It sounds like you are currently in a lot of pain  :(
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    edited November 2021
    Behi said:
    Feel so good by Clair guerreso
    Which may not be a famous song but lots of positive energy, for me
    Glad to hear you are feeling positive this week @Behi :D

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    The Gas Man Cometh - Flanders and Swann
  • L_Volunteer
    Ooh, interesting song choice @TheAlien. Would you like to expand on how it relates to your week?  :D

• JustPete
    TheAlien said:
    The Gas Man Cometh - Flanders and Swann
    Did he come?

• TheAlien
    edited November 2021
    Vacuum cleaner broke first, then the iron, plumber couldn't find the leak in toilet, but spotted blocked main drain, drain cleared for 2nd time in a month, now waiting for engineer as they think it may have collapsed, but I still have a leak somewhere in the toilet.

This follows on from the replastering that was needed a few weeks ago in the toilet, when the plasterer managed to block said drain with plaster dust and pulled the door frame off.  Carpenter had to come and nail the frame back on and chunks of the new plaster subsequently fell off!
  • JustPete
    @TheAlien Perhaps "It's Raining Men" is closer to your week!!!!!!!!!

• TheAlien
    JustPete said:
    @TheAlien Perhaps "It's Raining Men" is closer to your week!!!!!!!!!
    If things go on like this, next weeks song is likely to be 'I'm Still Waiting' by Diana Ross!

Brightness