Stressed out completing PIP Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stressed out completing PIP Form

Spacecat2003
Spacecat2003 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone im a stressed out mum trying to fill in my daughters pip form its sooooo difficult have to keep putting it down and coming back to it ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It is advised to take your time and do it a bit at a time 

Give real examples of what happens when she tries to do the task Give fill details like where, when , how,  any support or aids what are the consequences and can the task be done safely  reliably and repeated 
  • Spacecat2003
    Spacecat2003 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi guys the main difficulties im having completing daughters pip form is her autism makes her extremely anxious to the point that is prevents her participating in outside events her mental health is very poor I'm finding most of the questions are aimed at her physical health thus making the questions difficult as physically she's not too bad she does suffer with dyspraxia has hypermobility in her fingers im really at a loss has anyone else found this to be the case? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't just for those with physical conditions, it's for those with mental health. PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you.
    For example someone with Autism often finds it very difficult to cope with any changes and they often like to have set routines, go outside those routines and there's trouble.
    My daughter has Autism, learning disability and social anxiety disorder. She claims Enhanced for both parts because of the way she's affected.
    Dressing/undressing.. does your daughter like to wear the same clothes everyday because she has her favourite things to wear? Do you have to prompt her to change her clothes or do you have to assist her to choose appropriate clothing for that day?
    Washing/bathing, does she need promtping to wash? maybe she doesn't understand the temperature of the water so you have to make sure the bath/shower is the correct temperature before she goes in there.
    There's other activities that may apply to her too, making budgeting decisions, engaging with others, preparing food, comminicating verbally, reading and understanding signs and symbols etc etc.
    Following and planning a journey, is she able to go out by herself or does someone have to be with her? If she went out by herself would she be safe crossing the roads? does she need someone with her to go to somewhere familiar to her or can she do that without help? What about an unfamiliar place? If she needs another person with her to go out, why does she need this, what would happen if she was left alone, would she be able to find her way home?
    This link may help. https://pipinfo.net/
    Remember to add those real world examples as explained by Janer above. Include all the information such as where it happened, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    I hope this helps give you some idea.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Spacecat2003

I hope you are well. Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out, especially the first time. Sorry to hear you are finding this tough. We are here to support you. On that note, do the responses provided by @Teddybear12, @janer1967, and @poppy123456 help to clarify how to proceed with the PIP application? Do you have any further questions or anything you need to be clarified?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.