Pip MR strange letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip MR strange letter

monsteragirl
monsteragirl Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys I have been trying to claim pip from September last year and only had a telephone assessment in May time in which the assessor told a pack of lies in which I replied with a mandatory reconsideration letter explaining the lies that where told and how I feel and why the woman lied when I can remember dates esp when being assaulted in the past as they said I had a good memory I explained you cannot forget some dates like that and I am suicidal struggling with money my thoughts and how I feel sick everyday with anxiety and that I've hurt myself a lot this year with broken hands from an ex and how i struggle holsing citting and even burnt myself and bullying I receive off exes and friends making me feel worse. I was on the sick years ago but found a job I love and I got better then I had problems again and it's all started over again. However they received my Mr on Sep 5 when I sent it in July and today I received a two week old letter asking if I had been prison and my bank details etc before a desicion can be made. Any clue as to whats going on as the phone wsit is over an hour and my mum cant wait as i work and dont have the time. They shot me down as I can go work but they don't understand my troubles and how I'm nearly losing my job to stress and the way I feel.. many thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

That is just a standard letter usually they phone and ask those details and normally indicates a payment is going to be 8ssued 
  • monsteragirl
    Are you sure? I need help as I work I have to pay £££ for a councillor myself... I did have a phone number but changed due to harassment :(
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    monsteragirl said:... today I received a two week old letter asking if I had been prison and my bank details etc before a desicion can be made. ..
    As Janer says these details are usually asked over the phone but if you have changed your number they will not have been able to contact you. It suggests that they have made a decision to pay but need to confirm your bank details and check whether there are any periods of time for which you are not eligible. I assume the letter also asks about stays in hospital.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • monsteragirl
    It does yes. Just 3 days appendicitis 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to provide the information they have asked for.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • monsteragirl
    Thank you for the replies it's a shame we are all left waiting for support over such a long period that could make someone worse when it could help them meh. I hope things get better
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Claiming PIP is not awarded on a disability or diagnosis or different illnesses but how you cope and manage the PIP descriptors during your daily life. Take a PIP self test and see how you score in relation to the PIP descriptors remember that on doing a self test your answers given in your application form will have to be justified at your assessment either phone or face to face. To many people apply for certain benefits after reading social media reports saying you can claim this or that for that illness, or diagnosis when in reality they don’t meet the criteria for claiming the said benefits.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
     Take a PIP self test and see how you score in relation to the PIP descriptors
    The PIP self test isn't at all reliable, especially if someone doesn't fully understand the descriptors and the criteria and a lot of people don't. In my opinion it's the worst thing a person can do.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • monsteragirl
    I was one point away from claiming. I was told by new era to apply for pip as my mental health has deteriated again. I was claiming over 11 years ago, it should never have stopped really. And yes some people do claim for the fun of it, I work and can't get help as I have low wage no money left and no help I have to pay for help I need. And then there's people abusing it going out getting drunk wasting it all every other week. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    If you claimed more than 11 years ago that wouldn't have been PIP, it would have been DLA. PIP was introduced in April 2013. PIP and DLA are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria.
    I was one point away from claiming. I was told by new era to apply for pip as my mental health has deteriated again. I was claiming over 11 years ago, it should never have stopped really. And yes some people do claim for the fun of it, I work and can't get help as I have low wage no money left and no help I have to pay for help I need. And then there's people abusing it going out getting drunk wasting it all every other week. 

Very few people claim PIP fraudulently. Please remember that invisible conditions do exist. Just because it may not be visible to someone else doesn't mean they don't have a disability.
    If a person does claim PIP, what they do with that money is entirely their decision, it's there to be spent on anything you want to. Please don't compare others to yourself because no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger

Hi @monsteragirl, thanks so much for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear about everything that’s been going on the past year or so. Well done for sharing what’s happened, that’s a very positive thing. Can I ask, are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? Have you been able to talk to a GP about how stress and anxiety is impacting you?

There are organisations you can go to for support, like Mind, and you can call Samaritans (116 123) if you need to as well.

If you would like us to offer additional support on your behalf, then please do email us and we can talk about it in more detail.

You mention you’ve been assaulted in the past, I know it’s very difficult to talk about, but was that ever reported to the police? We can always talk more about it in an email if that’s easier. We are all here to support you, but if you ever feel you are in immediate danger then please contact the emergency services by calling 999 or going to Accident & Emergency.

Hopefully the community can help answer your questions around your PIP claim, I wish you all the best for a successful outcome. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything further.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • monsteragirl
    Hi Alex thank you for your kind help, I have been to police... believe me I've seen more police than hot dinners. The gp just gives me amatrypilline and fobs me off and since i havent been able to get in apart from when my appendix cut got infected in which they refused see me so I had to cause an uproar about that. I contacted mind but because I work they want me to pay to see a councillor and new era have been helpful but also not. Apparently working goes against a lot of things. Ugh. I have been having more problems from my ex marriage i get problems because I live near my ex so I'm harassed all the time, abuse in streets, I was bottled by my exes new partner for walking up the road. I really need help and also money help to get help and also move. Council are ****...  I seem to attract bullies. I need counselling and help dealing with things as I can't cope and sometimes I do get to the point of why I'm here and have episodes. I wouldn't have put in for for if I had some free mental help. I am worried walking around my area. I do honestly need a social worker or something.
  • Alex_Alumni
    edited November 2021
    @monsteragirl you're very welcome, it sounds like you're going through a very tough time. It's really good that you've been seeking out support, but frustrating that you're experiencing barriers to accessing that support. It's so difficult when you know you're doing the right thing, but find your path blocked as it were!

We can certainly discuss social care support for you, if you'd like to email us we can assist with getting the ball rolling for some additional support: community@scope.org.uk 

Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• monsteragirl
    Aww thank you for that, that is very kind of You! :) what would I need to message? And thank you alex
  • Alex_Alumni
    So @monsteragirl, we would only need you to email and say we've offered you support, and that you'd like to take us up on that offer. If you'd like, you can also include your full name, address, and date of birth. That's it!

We look forward to hearing from you as and when :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.