Any extra financial help when already claiming PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any extra financial help when already claiming PIP?

Options
klj1204
klj1204 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello everyone I'm new and I'm hoping to get some advice from anyone willing to help. So im using a personal trainer as that is the only way I can effectively do exercise due to my cerebral palsy and  wheelchair. I do get PIP but that all goes to my mother who is my carer and needs all the help financially she can get. I do work very part time but my job refuses to give me anymore hours on my contract. As a result my personal training takes up quite a lot of my earnings (it's already at a discount) this and the cost of regular life is cause me lose my money rapidly. Is there any help I can get? I don't want to give up my trainer as I believe exercise is very helpful especially with my condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Do you claim any other benefits I suggest you do a benefits calculator on gov website to see what you are entitled to 

You may also want to check your mum is also getting all she can does she claim carers element or carers allowance for looking after you 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @klj1204 and welcome! How are you today? To help people find your post more easily I've moved it to the 'Benefits and Financial Support' category.

Jane has already given some helpful suggestions, you can find out more about Carer's Allowance here.

If you need any extra information don't hesitate to ask!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Universal Credit maybe possible but it will depend on your earnings received each month. If your health condition limits your ability to work you can report your health condition and send in fit notes from your GP. Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=b9b18ade-ef3d-4cce-9f2e-d5b8c9e8e1ac
    Or you can speak to an advice agency for a full benefitsa check, it maybe a good idea for you both to do this. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.