new pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new pip

solly1902
solly1902 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello I filled in my pip forum and i am really stressed out of the outcome or if they call me in for assessment. i have heard they reject 80% of claims is that true ? if so how easy is the appeal process? I suffer from major depression anxiety and herniated disc. i have sent of a lot of reports from GP to neurosurgeons medical report and a report from a previous psychotherapist who discharged me in 2019.  

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    solly1902 said: i have heard they reject 80% of claims is that true ? 
    I don’t have the figures to hand but they do not reject 80% of claims.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sillymoo007
    Sillymoo007 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    I think a very knowledgeable member stated on another post that 53% are approved.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Latest statistics are here https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/personal-independence-payment-statistics-to-july-2021/personal-independence-payment-statistics-to-july-2021
    it does indeed indicate 53% of all claims resulted in an award. For normal rules claims the success rate is 42%.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

The 53% was the success rate for mandatory reconsideration and not the initial claim . 

I don't know the figures but 80% is not correct 

Sending lots of evidence isn't the best unless it describes how you are affected against the descriptors,  unfortunately GP and doctors dont see you doing the daily tasks 

The best evidence is your own giving real examples of what happens when you try and do the task 

Good luck with your claim let us know how you get on 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @solly1902 and welcome to the forum. You can rest assured that the 80% figure is not correct. As other members have said, the success rate is more like 42%. But try not to focus on statistics, the important thing is to focus on giving yourself the best chance to be successful. Part of doing that is taking the time to feel settled and relaxed, and remembering to take things step by step.

I've moved this discussion to the PIP category so it can be more easily found. As Jane says, once you feel up to it, make note of real examples you can use as evidence in your claim against the PIP descriptors

Good luck with your claim, please do let us know if you need any more help. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.