Pip MR help!? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip MR help!?

Maybeimcrazy
Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
I sent my MR off on the 12th of October, i called a week later they said they received it the 13th my question is... On the turn2us page it says if you haven't had a notification after 2 weeks to call to see if its been logged. Would that class when i called that its logged on file/system? Im not very technical i have a hard time understand some stuff so please be kind x or do i get a text like when they received my pip forms etc etc 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    They don't always send a text. You said yo9u've already rang them and they told you they've received it, although if you only sent it on the 12th and they told you they received it on the 13th i'll be very surprised if they did because there's huge postal delays going to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    @poppy123456 yes i sent it the 12th of October, i called on the 19th the 0800 number and the man said, yes we received it the 13th and he said, did you send, supporting evidence i said yes thats correct and he said yes we received it the 13th so i wasn't sure if i would get a notification like its now on file so to speak. Its just something i came across on another post. I didn't say anything about i added supporting info 
  • poppy123456
    You already know they've received it so it won't make any difference whether you receive a text message or not.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Thank you for your reply ? 
  • Del1149
    Del1149 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    I sent my MR guaranteed next day delivery. I checked royal mail which confirmed it was received the next day. Do I still need to phone after 2 weeks to make sure its been logged?
    Thankyou
  • monsteragirl
    monsteragirl Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Good that sent delivery but unfortunately it will get slapped on a pile so it's a waiting game. Hopefully it will be seen soon. I had a reply well a text a month after sending mine off then a random letter asking for bank and if I have been in care or prison dated 5th Sep but received two days ago.
  • poppy123456
    Del1149 said:
    I sent my MR guaranteed next day delivery. I checked royal mail which confirmed it was received the next day. Do I still need to phone after 2 weeks to make sure its been logged?
    Thankyou
    It’s pointless sending anything to DWP this way because it still has to go through the Mail sorting process the same as everything else. All it means is it’s been signed for by someone from Royal Mail and is somewhere in the building. 
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Hi @Del1149 ive just called pip helpline just now, i sent mine off 13th October they received it the next day, and the lady said the MR are taking up to 3 months to sort out. So she said i probably wont hear anything now until after Christmas.  ??  maybe it depends on you're area where you live hope this info helps 
  • Maybeimcrazy
    You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this. As a guide you should hear from us within 10 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.
    12.08 i got off the phone 
    And at 12.36 i got this text!! 
  • Del1149
    Thanks everyone...I was hoping someone was going to have a bit of good news and say they were successful and didn't have to wait long ??
  • Maybeimcrazy
    @Del1149 hopefully it will be good news in 10 ish weeks ??
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Del1149 and welcome!

Do let us know when you hear back, wishing you all the best and hope for a successful outcome :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Del1149
    Thanks Alex_Scope
    I'll keep you posted x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I sent my MR  off on receiving the official confirmation notification letter. Having received the assessment report and seeing my award was to remain the same as I put in a change of circumstances daily living. I set about preparing my MR giving examples of what the scoring was for each descriptor and what it should have been in light of my original application. The HP had assumed or presumed that as I used a mobility scooter which my disabled grandson  drives unaided she had deemed I should be able to cope and manage the PIP descriptors safely and repeatedly and in a timely manner. My MR consisted of 10 A4 printed pages, my new award was enhanced daily living and i remained on enhanced mobility. If you have your assessment report and need to do an MR you have extra weeks to get more evidence to support your claim.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.