MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR

Ruby123
Ruby123 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
I have received my decision and it is enhanced daily and standard Mobility, same as before. I do believe I have missed out on 4 points with the mobility side as my condition has deteriorated. Is it worth doing an MR or will they take everything away? I am only disputing the planning a journey. Many thanks 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ruby123

Thanks for posting, we can't say whether they will take it away or not but if you do a MR they will look at the whole award again which of course could result in a reduction. It's up to you whether you feel as though you have a strong enough case to get those extra points.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Ruby123 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry your condition has deteriorated, but you need to check if this affects your ability to reliably plan a journey which would gain you sufficient points to change your award. See:
    a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
    b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
    c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
    d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
    e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.
    f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points.
    With a MR another decision maker will look at your whole award again. It's very rare that your current award would be lowered, so don't worry about that.
    If you think it possible to gain more points, then try & give a couple of recent examples as exactly as to the difficulties you face, i.e when did it happen, why, did anyone see this, & if applicable, how did it leave you feeling after attempting or doing this. Good luck. :)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Which descriptor do you think applies and why?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    The OP said, 'I am only disputing the planning a journey.'
  • poppy123456
    chiarieds said:
    The OP said, 'I am only disputing the planning a journey.'

Yes, i seen that but it may still be helpful if we know which one and why. Some people think they should have scored points for following and planning a journey because they don't fully understand the activity.

For example, I've seen many threads in the past where a member thinks they should have scored X points because they need someone with them because they are unable to walk or they are unable to use a wheelchair outside and are unable to plan a journey because of this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ruby123
    Sorry I believe I should have got 4 points for needs prompting to undertake a journey due to psychological distress. My anxiety has increased quite considerably and I have had my medication increased recently due to this. I’m waiting to have Councelling and bereavement Councelling too. I struggle with going out and only go to appointments with my daughter or husband. They said I didn’t seem anxious in f2f although my daughter was with me and can verify this. Although they did say I needed prompting in my report. Not sure wether to do an MR or to leave it. 
  • poppy123456
    I'd advose you to get some expert advice from an agency near you. Start here for this and choose the topic "welfare benefits" https://advicelocal.uk/

• Ruby123
    Thank you so much for your reply’s 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.