Need a proof of benefit letter for pip and ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need a proof of benefit letter for pip and ESA?

luggy58
luggy58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm applying for  a new house and need a proof  of benefit  letter for pip and ESA

Comments

• luggy58
    luggy58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    How do I get this I've been on the phone  for days trying
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @luggy58 thanks for joining the forum! To help answer your question I've moved it into the 'Benefits and Financial Support' category.

I'm sorry to hear you've not been getting anywhere, that sounds frustrating. Can I check, is it that you need a PIP or ESA entitlement letter to help you apply for a new house?

Or are you looking to apply for PIP or ESA as benefits?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It can often take at least an hour to get through to someone when ringing DWP. I find that ringing as soon as they open in the morning is the best time. Unforunately, all you can do is to keep on trying and hopefully someone will eventually answer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Do you not keep copies 9f your letters maybe something you could do going forward 

In the interim do you have bank statements that show the payments made 
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    When I've needed proof in the past, I've always shown them the letter I receive each year telling me what my award will be for that financial year.

That tells them what benefits I'm on and how much I get.  That should be all the information they need.

They may also accept a bank statement showing payments into your account from DWP.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    This a classic happening to many who are claiming benefits ect. Please keep all your claim award letters informing doctors and hospital forms diagnosis ect in a simple folder filling system as you never know when these will be needed in the future.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited November 2021
    TheAlien said:
    When I've needed proof in the past, I've always shown them the letter I receive each year telling me what my award will be for that financial year.

Some organisations only accept proof of benefit entitlement letters dated in the last 3 months. 

There have been a few occasions that I have had that request and then had to contact DWP for an up to date entitlement letter to be sent out. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.