Mr phonecall. I was asked to confirm my bank details. Is this good? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mr phonecall. I was asked to confirm my bank details. Is this good?

danielleD
danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So they logged my MR on the 27th of September I called them today to check the progress and was told it was with case manager I noticed during the security questions that she asked me to confirm my bank details I have never been asked to do this before and I'm wondering if thats a good sighn or not, she did however say there is no decision been made yet and the 12 weeks would take me to the middle of December ish. I dont plan on speaking them them again intill this time but it would be nice to know this side of Christmas so I can prepare for tribunal if need be. I wasn't awarded any points initially but I'm not surprised since I was very mentaly ill when I filled in the forms and the phone assessment was just a waste of time 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    As no decision's been made i would assume they were just checking they have the correct bank details. It's been know for people to be asked that question and either won or refused and MR stage, so it doesn't really mean anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danielleD
    danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Hi,
    As no decision's been made i would assume they were just checking they have the correct bank details. It's been know for people to be asked that question and either won or refused and MR stage, so it doesn't really mean anything.
    That's what I thought since they didnt acauly contact me and ask but I can see why they would since it could potentially be alot of money in some cases they also asked me to confirm my mobile number. It's the waiting that makes you secound guess everything and at this point I'm 50/50 with the result where as before I knew as soon as I had the phone assessment it wasn't looking good I just feel like I didn't give them enough information to go by 
  • rachw89
    rachw89 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Did they ask you to confirm your gp address? I’ve had the same phone call and questions as you but also asked gp addressed and me being very anxious from the phone call gave my old gp they said oh it’s different to the one on here but that was it 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.