\\is anyone worried about cost of Christmas presents? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

\\is anyone worried about cost of Christmas presents?

Options
veriterc
veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
edited November 2021 in Research and opportunities
Lookimg for 'inexpensive'  (that means cheap) Christmas presents, I realised that the inexpensive dresses and jumpers I was buying had probably been made in sweatshops.  This made me think - www.htps://aftercancers.com/wearing-what-comes-naturally
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this @veriterc :) I think it's important we all consider the environmental and ethical impacts our purchases have. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We tend to buy token presents, these are inexpensive things like chocolate or socks etc. In my opinion Christmas shouldn’t be a time to worry about buying expensive presents after all buying like that just creates a rod for your own back, each year people will expect at least presents to the value of last years if not greater than last years. It’s a hedonic treadmill we can all do without.

give em a bar of chocolate and a big hug and a happy day. ? and love ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.